Honored Contributor

One of my girlfriends decided to get botox injections.She had to sign a release form - it said - among other things that she understood that one of the possible side effects was CARDIAC ARREST. She decided to forego that treatment. The doctor's office was really POed when she said no thanks and left.

Honored Contributor

Sorry I wanted this under the general beauty title but the screen skipped. dang touch screens.

Honored Contributor

I say, let them be po'ed. Also, people with known heart disease or a family history of heart disease should forgoe Botox treatments. Why risk it?

Frequent Contributor
The consent for botox has worse things on it I'm sad to say. Ours had precautions about stroke, paralysis, eye drooping, palsy effect on the face, and many others. I have had cardiac disease, surgeries, and I've never had a problem with Botox. Thank God. Everyone should read even the info that pharmacists include about your meds! Some would want to stop taking them!
Super Contributor

Hmmm ... wrinkles or cardiac arrest ... wrinkles or cardiac arrest ... wrinkles or cardiac arrest ...

Toss a coin.

Respected Contributor

There's risk with any medical procedure & they're just covering their behinds per whatever their legal counsel tells them to do. She was well within her rights to just walk away & too bad if the staff in that clinic did not like it.

Esteemed Contributor

If I remember correctly, Botox works by paralyzing the muscles. One minor slip, and the toxin can get into the bloodstream and go to the heart. The heart is a muscle.

The staff may have been put off because they lose money when there is a cancellation.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a standard release form to me. Any kind of medical procedure you have to sign one.

Honored Contributor

There might be aderenaline in the novicane used and it can cause cardiac issues

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Everything we put in or on our bodies comes with risks. Everything. It was probably a last minute cancellation and that's want ticked the staff off. So what? Why should she care?