Occasional Contributor

Question for people who dont wash their hair everyday

How do you keep you hair clean while you work out? Mine is shoulder length and layered. I can pull it up but it still gets sweaty. Thank you for your advice.
Honored Contributor

Re: Question for people who dont wash their hair everyday

I've never liked washing my hair and if I could send it out to the dry cleaners, I'd be the happiest girl going.

Doesn't anyone use a dry shampoo between shampoos? It's an aerosol spray powder that you spray at the roots and then brush through your hair. It's been around forever in white, but I learned recently that it's also made in blonde, light and dark brown and black. I've been using it to cover the grey and am really thrilled with the results.

Frequent Contributor

I exercise often and have very long, thick, layered hair -- naturally very wavy. If I take a dip in the ocean, my hair will look like I just got a perm. I probably wash my hair only once a week (if I blow dry) and maybe twice a week if I'm letting it air dry for natural waves/curls.

Dry shampoo is my best friend. I like cheapie Suave dry shampoo the best. I wear my hair back in a low, not-too-tight ponytail and use bobby pins or an elastic hair band to secure any strays around my face.

I will sometimes wear my hair up two days prior to wash day. My fave styles now are mermaid braid and a ponytail with volume at the crown --it looks kind of retro but still professional somehow.

Valued Contributor

On 11/21/2013 ChynnaBlue said:

I wash on days I work out. If I work out every day, then I have to wash every day. I sweat if you just look at me funny and I'm a mess if I do cardio.

Are you ME, chynnablue? {#emotions_dlg.confused1} This is my hair situation (and sweating situation) to a T! And yes, when I even go to the outside trail to take a more leisurely walk with a friend, I sweat.

Honored Contributor

On 1/15/2014 glmama said:
On 11/21/2013 ChynnaBlue said:

I wash on days I work out. If I work out every day, then I have to wash every day. I sweat if you just look at me funny and I'm a mess if I do cardio.

Are you ME, chynnablue? {#emotions_dlg.confused1} This is my hair situation (and sweating situation) to a T! And yes, when I even go to the outside trail to take a more leisurely walk with a friend, I sweat.

It's terrible, isn't it!? Once they had me on a medication that had sweating as a side-effect. I was on it for two weeks and then told my doctor we needed to find another solution because it was the worst! My office complex is HUGE and I often need to walk quite a distance to get from one conference room to another. While I was on that medication, I would show up for every meeting red faced and sweaty, like I'd just come from the gym. No thanks! I don't need any extra help with that.

Valued Contributor

On 1/15/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I've never liked washing my hair and if I could send it out to the dry cleaners, I'd be the happiest girl going.

Doesn't anyone use a dry shampoo between shampoos? It's an aerosol spray powder that you spray at the roots and then brush through your hair. It's been around forever in white, but I learned recently that it's also made in blonde, light and dark brown and black. I've been using it to cover the grey and am really thrilled with the results.

I also use the tinted dry shampoo to cover gray - the added bonus is that it adds a bit of volume.

Frequent Contributor

I only wash my hair twice a week. I don't work out & don't sweat so I'm sure that helps. I have wavy/curly hair that I flat iron so I really just need to touch it up in the morning.. If you watch Real Housewives of BH, I'm sure you've seen Joyce's gorgeous head of hair. She confessed that she only washes her hair once a week!!
Respected Contributor

I am one of those that has to shampoo daily Ughh

Super Contributor

Simple......Sweaty hair should be washed.
Respected Contributor

I usually wash 3x/wk. my gym schedule is such that I end up doing weights or Pilates a few days a week, and can use dry shampoo the following morning, then go to spin or other cardio that day, and have to wash it. If I did intense cardio or spin every day, I'd have to wash every day!!