New Contributor

What's the best product for covering large pores? I've tried Mally Poreless Defender but it didn't do anything for me...

Not applicable
I used to use Clarisonic Mia. Then, I found the Japanese Konjac Sponge. This sponge is a natural exfoliator made from vegetable fiber. I use it to cleanse my face w/ my face soap. My skin became smooth & my moisturizer absorbed better! I uses extra virgin coconut oil plus moisturizer for my skin. The sponge also make my skin glowing! You should check it out! Www.japanesekonjacsponge.com. I love the bamboo charcoal one!
Esteemed Contributor

Karina1224, I work as an aesthetician in a dermatologist office. The number one thing we recommend for large pores is salicylic acid also known as BHA (beta hydroxyl acid). Many skin care lines have this but I like the one from Paulas Choice the best and the reason I do is because she states what pH all of her products are and for BHA's to be most effective they need to be in a pH between 3-4 for them to exfoliate. BHA cleans the pore wall and that helps to keep all the dirt, oil and debris out of pores so they don't get stretched out. I am putting the link for the product here so you can read and see exactly what BHA does and how it is helpful not only for large pores but it also is an anti-inflammatory which can make your pores larger if they are inflamed. It builds collagen, reduces redness, it is good for not just blackheads but also acne in general. I would stay away from physical exfoliants and stick to chemical ones and BHA's and AHA's (alpha hydroxyl acids) are chemical exfoliants. AHA's work by exfoliating the top layer of dead skin and that helps with sun damage, fine lines and it also build collagen. These two products are some of the most important for keeping your skin and pores clean and clear. Here are links for both along with a link for an entire skin care regime. I recommend Paulas Choice because her products contain no irritating essential oils, fragrance, they are priced good (and you can order samples but they have a great return policy) and you can be sure they are the correct pH. Take a look at both links and read what each product does for you.

I am also giving you a link for a product called Retinol ResQ made by Alpha Hydrox. Retinol is also a good product for keeping your pores clear and also good for anti-aging because you are exfoliating the top layer of skin.

I also wanted to say that the second link that contains a good skin care regime that includes a cleanser, exfoliating solution and daily skin clearing treatment. This will keep your pores clean and will help greatly with enlarged pores.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/_/Skin-Perfecting-Two-...

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/collections/Clear-Blemish-Control/_/Clear-Regular-Strength-System/

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/_/Skin-Perfecting-Eigh...

http://www.neotericcosmetics.com/product-details.aspx?iid=273

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor
On 2/5/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

Karina1224, I work as an aesthetician in a dermatologist office. The number one thing we recommend for large pores is salicylic acid also known as BHA (beta hydroxyl acid). Many skin care lines have this but I like the one from Paulas Choice the best and the reason I do is because she states what pH all of her products are and for BHA's to be most effective they need to be in a pH between 3-4 for them to exfoliate. BHA cleans the pore wall and that helps to keep all the dirt, oil and debris out of pores so they don't get stretched out. I am putting the link for the product here so you can read and see exactly what BHA does and how it is helpful not only for large pores but it also is an anti-inflammatory which can make your pores larger if they are inflamed. It builds collagen, reduces redness, it is good for not just blackheads but also acne in general. I would stay away from physical exfoliants and stick to chemical ones and BHA's and AHA's (alpha hydroxyl acids) are chemical exfoliants. AHA's work by exfoliating the top layer of dead skin and that helps with sun damage, fine lines and it also build collagen. These two products are some of the most important for keeping your skin and pores clean and clear. Here are links for both along with a link for an entire skin care regime. I recommend Paulas Choice because her products contain no irritating essential oils, fragrance, they are priced good (and you can order samples but they have a great return policy) and you can be sure they are the correct pH. Take a look at both links and read what each product does for you.

I am also giving you a link for a product called Retinol ResQ made by Alpha Hydrox. Retinol is also a good product for keeping your pores clear and also good for anti-aging because you are exfoliating the top layer of skin.

I also wanted to say that the second link that contains a good skin care regime that includes a cleanser, exfoliating solution and daily skin clearing treatment. This will keep your pores clean and will help greatly with enlarged pores.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/_/Skin-Perfecting-Two-...

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/collections/Clear-Blemish-Control/_/Clear-Regular-Strength-System/

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/_/Skin-Perfecting-Eigh...

http://www.neotericcosmetics.com/product-details.aspx?iid=273

I will take a look at these. Thanks for the likes and information Irshgrl31201.

Occasional Contributor

Hands down the Clarisonic has made the biggest difference in my pores. Better than any product for skin application. Paula's Choice does list BHA's and some of the BEST are really inexpensive. A lot of them do contain witch hazel. Only problem I have with drugstore brands is that even though they may be less expensive individually, buying from the home shopping sites in a kit, you usually get several products for only a bit more than you would pay for the single item at the drugstore. Paula's Choice gives Olay products many BEST ratings but it would be a few hundred dollars to purchase them at Target or the like so it's not really a good deal. I tried and ended up at the register for $250.00. Much better to purchase from here. Clarisonic is best investment. Totally changed my skin and my young daughters who are hitting that awful age use Purity with it. Cleared their oily little faces right up and large pores around the nose totally disappeared.

Respected Contributor
Another vote for using the Clarisonic. I think regardless of what you put on your face, starting with a clean face is best. It is literally cleaning gunk out of your pores, and will allow them to shrink resulting in smooth smooth skin.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Frequent Contributor

The Clarisonic has helped my skin immensely; however, I will never, ever not have some large pores. I have a few (smaller but still there) on and around my nose. I love Benefit Porefessional. I am amazed at how well it fills them in.

Honored Contributor

I used to have pores the size of Montana until I started using Dr. Denese firming facial pads and Hydroshield.

I also use Laura Geller's Spackle. I love it.

New Contributor

It's really sad because open pores always give a negative impact upon your personality.If you want to manage your open pores then you can use the total cover up concealer .you can check this also i personally recommend it because it is showing a great result

Frequent Contributor

Don't accept them - get rid of them. The Clarisonic plus multi-acid peels (even gentle ones) and a clay mask every couple weeks will make an enormous difference.

Good luck!