Designer Fashion Clearance
145 Members and 15846 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

the microfiber hair curling claw clips WOW WOW WOW!!

Started 1278931137.627 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1298224322.037 by rebel

Just a heads up... I LUV THESE THINGS!!! Works just like they said it would!! I ordered 2 sets, but for me I can get away with just one. I had it rushed delevered as well. Tried it yesterday and was blown away!! Woke up late this morning and STILL had wave in my hair. Threw them in again, just took em out and WOW! It's not often that something works just like it is presented.... Now I want the bandette!!

A93428!!!

~~ "I'll have cafe mocha vodka valium latte to go, please!" ( make mine a tall skinny double shot!) ~~

Page 1 of 20
1 2 3 4 ...20Next
lyn in MI1278931257.93724589 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

I'd love to try them, but I have very fine hair, so they probably wouldn't work for me.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

feebeepapp­as1278931763.7866 PostsRegistered 2/10/2006over the hills and far away....

No, they will... mine is baby fine as well. and layered! I didn't even use any product other than some glossing creme. THis morning my hair was completely dry too.

~~ "I'll have cafe mocha vodka valium latte to go, please!" ( make mine a tall skinny double shot!) ~~

lyn in MI1278932849.45724589 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

Is it also thin? I already tried #A93681 (Bandette Combs) that they also stated would work on fine hair, but they wouldn't work for me at all. They were too heavy for my thin, fine hair and wouldn't stay in place.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

feebeepapp­as1278933228.34866 PostsRegistered 2/10/2006over the hills and far away....

I think my hair is thin.... no body at all.... hangs stick straight if I don't add product and then scrunch the heck out of it while I dry it.

~~ "I'll have cafe mocha vodka valium latte to go, please!" ( make mine a tall skinny double shot!) ~~

lyn in MI1278933316.6224589 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

Thanks, feebeepappas. I saved it to my wish list.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

rebel1278933486.855458 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007

i am so happy they are working for you!

how do you think they are different from regular butterfly clips?

does the microfiber cloth really do anything? it looks like the cloth hardly touches the hair.

thank you!

45, Fair, dry, sensitive skin, DSPW, yellow and neutral undertones, Cannot use "cones" high in ingred. deck, natural blonde wavy hair, blue eyes

CraZLadE1278943491.461259 PostsRegistered 12/29/2007moutains of Carolina

I was just looking at these and wondered the same thing - if they'd stay in my fine hair. They sound like a great idea if they work. I get really tired of my curling iron!

Feebee - can you tell me how you use them? Thanks!

nikkimom1278946712.2032911 PostsRegistered 5/18/2007So Cal

Great to hear{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}I ordered them after I saw the presentation and they are on the way.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

My hair is thin but lots of it- long and wavy except for the top layers which are bone straight.

My hair used to be all straight but in the last few years has changed so much- its kooky so I have to curl to blend the poker straight with the wavy or flatiron to make it all straight

hoping these will solve my problem w/ no more damage from the flatiron and less time than the Caruso curlers which thankfully do not damage hair but take a little time.

> Life is short so...kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive quickly!

ByTheBay1278948272.5733892 PostsRegistered 1/3/2008
On 7/12/2010 nikkimom said:

Great to hear{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}I ordered them after I saw the presentation and they are on the way.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

My hair is thin but lots of it- long and wavy except for the top layers which are bone straight.

My hair used to be all straight but in the last few years has changed so much- its kooky so I have to curl to blend the poker straight with the wavy or flatiron to make it all straight

hoping these will solve my problem w/ no more damage from the flatiron and less time than the Caruso curlers which thankfully do not damage hair but take a little time.

Just ordered mine as well..Nik...we are going to look soooo fetching{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}!!!

"Never be afraid to laugh at yourself. After all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century". Joan Rivers
R.I.P.

nikkimom1278948650.2832911 PostsRegistered 5/18/2007So Cal
On 7/12/2010 ByTheBay said:
On 7/12/2010 nikkimom said:

Great to hear{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}I ordered them after I saw the presentation and they are on the way.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

My hair is thin but lots of it- long and wavy except for the top layers which are bone straight.

My hair used to be all straight but in the last few years has changed so much- its kooky so I have to curl to blend the poker straight with the wavy or flatiron to make it all straight

hoping these will solve my problem w/ no more damage from the flatiron and less time than the Caruso curlers which thankfully do not damage hair but take a little time.

Just ordered mine as well..Nik...we are going to look soooo fetching{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}!!!

Yes we will !!! LOL! picturing us as Bobbsey twins w/ our hair up sharing the daybed with the fan blowing in us!!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

> Life is short so...kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive quickly!

VioletEyes1278949587.14313180 PostsRegistered 2/11/2009

Thank you, I just ordered.

This product is exactly what I have been looking for. It sounds like it would be much less damaging than my usual routine of using a curling iron on a daily basis.

ByTheBay1278949749.713892 PostsRegistered 1/3/2008
On 7/12/2010 nikkimom said:
On 7/12/2010 ByTheBay said:
On 7/12/2010 nikkimom said:

Great to hear{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}I ordered them after I saw the presentation and they are on the way.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

My hair is thin but lots of it- long and wavy except for the top layers which are bone straight.

My hair used to be all straight but in the last few years has changed so much- its kooky so I have to curl to blend the poker straight with the wavy or flatiron to make it all straight

hoping these will solve my problem w/ no more damage from the flatiron and less time than the Caruso curlers which thankfully do not damage hair but take a little time.

Just ordered mine as well..Nik...we are going to look soooo fetching{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}!!!

Yes we will !!! LOL! picturing us as Bobbsey twins w/ our hair up sharing the daybed with the fan blowing in us!!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

HAHAHAHA{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}!!!!! Was just reading your post on MP & all you take. I don't know if I should moo or oink at you-LOL!!!( Sorry, I know it's not a laughing matter-sick sense of humor today-you know, now that I'm officially long in the tooth-LOL!!!

ETA: The Bobbsey Twins{#emotions_dlg.w00t}? Boy are you dating yourself-LOL!!! Which one of us will be Bert & which one will be Nan-HAHAHA{#emotions_dlg.laugh}!!!( Or..Freddie or Flossie)

Last edited on 7/12/2010

Last edited on 7/12/2010

"Never be afraid to laugh at yourself. After all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century". Joan Rivers
R.I.P.

Hope5161278949974.452195 PostsRegistered 6/29/2009Virginia

Do you put them in wet hair and then blow dry over the whole thing? Seems like that might take a long time to dry the hair that is wound into the center of the claw???

azterry1278950174.2636341 PostsRegistered 3/31/2008valley of the sun, AZ

These clips are intriguing me. I already use duckbill clamps to pin up the hair on the top of my head to give lift while drying. My hair is much curlier underneath and the clips give me a nice curl on the top layers. I am a little worried about the heat from my drier on the metal, though. I think I might cave and try these. If the cloth really does soak up some moisture, all the better

When I get tired of shopping, I sit down and try on shoes~








pw1278950472.713315 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

How long do you leave them in your hair??

4doggies1278958652.033501 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I guess I am a cheapo do-it-your-selfer, but when I saw these, I went to an outlet store and bought a card of 8 small claw clips for $1.50. I tried them on dry hair, they work exactly as shown, I think it is the technique, not the claw itself. If I want to try them on wet hair, I guess I can take an old microfiber cloth and make a little 'collar' for each clip. Glad so many of you are liking these, but I sure can't see paying almost $30 for a few plastic claw clips and strips of microfiber.

azterry1278962162.5336341 PostsRegistered 3/31/2008valley of the sun, AZ
On 7/12/2010 4doggies said:

I guess I am a cheapo do-it-your-selfer, but when I saw these, I went to an outlet store and bought a card of 8 small claw clips for $1.50. I tried them on dry hair, they work exactly as shown, I think it is the technique, not the claw itself. If I want to try them on wet hair, I guess I can take an old microfiber cloth and make a little 'collar' for each clip. Glad so many of you are liking these, but I sure can't see paying almost $30 for a few plastic claw clips and strips of microfiber.

I agree with you, but I caved! I can't sew to save my life, so there would be no way I could get the cloth on there. I really like the idea of the cloth soaking up some moisture. I think it will cut my morning drying time way down.

I shouldhave taken the darn Home Ec course in high school. Let us know how yours come out.

When I get tired of shopping, I sit down and try on shoes~








4doggies1278964002.2773501 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Sewing? What's that? I'm talking about hot glue!

azterry1278964907.86341 PostsRegistered 3/31/2008valley of the sun, AZ
On 7/12/2010 4doggies said:

Sewing? What's that? I'm talking about hot glue!

{#emotions_dlg.lol} I get you!

Really, let us know how they turn out. I am afraid my cloth wouldn't be so soft anymore. I am kinda messy with glue too!

When I get tired of shopping, I sit down and try on shoes~








bopper1278965586.72314109 PostsRegistered 8/5/2007

I am glad I found this post. I too saw these presented and though maybe they would work on my short layered hair but wanted reviews. I have been using the butterfly clips but would like to compare these to those. How does the microfiber work, it doesn't touch your hair does it?

Is anyone using these on a short haircut, I mean above the neck short, 3" on the top. I am like the previous poster when I want something I want it NOW! Express mine please {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

CLEM1278966992.8512525 PostsRegistered 9/1/2008PA

Thanks for posting this. I will have to investigate.


Aragabymimi1278971304.877564 PostsRegistered 2/1/2009Long Beach, NY

These do work great. I used them this AM for the first time. After washing I put my usual styling product in (Curls Rock & a little Argan oil). Twirled hair around finger and clipped up. Some hair I just scrunched and clipped. The cloths socked up all water. Left in for an hour. Hair still a little damp. Sprayed a re-vitalizing mist in and scrunch a little. Let air dry. Wallah! beachy waves. I have fine shoulder length hair.




cerinthe1278972586.8832608 PostsRegistered 7/12/2005

Yes. how do you use these, so, you leave them in for about an hour and then the hair is just slightly wet/damp and then you undo and let airdry the rest of the way?

I too was baffled at how the hair in the center of the clip gets dry... Is anyone sleeping on these or... how long do you leave in hair and how dry is hair afterwards?

Love2Shop21278974878.0371158 PostsRegistered 4/15/2009

I have done my hair with these types of clips for years! I don't blow dry my hair, I let it dry natural. I put them in my hair when I get out of the shower, no styling products whatsoever.

I use smaller hair clips like these, bigger ones, different styles and usually I buy them from Walmart or the dollar store.

I have long hair, past my chest. They work great :)

dmqshopper1278977287.0071494 PostsRegistered 7/18/2009

I ordered these for my DD. She has shoulder length hair; and I thought her morning routine would be made simpler by using these. I hope so. I watched the Demo and it looked easy enough.

Page 1 of 20
1 2 3 4 ...20Next