TSV(R) Preview
115 Members and 10318 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Merle Norman Favorites

Started 1265065073 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1265402298 by Anniecamp
I have a make over appointment scheduled tomorrow and wondered if anyone would share their favorite products by Merle Norman. Thanks,

Page 1 of 1
NeetaLyn12650688342700 PostsRegistered 7/27/2008Maryland
> I have a make over appointment scheduled tomorrow and
> wondered if anyone would share their favorite
> products by Merle Norman. Thanks,
These are the products I love from Merle Norman:
Luxiva Mineral Makeup - no bismuth, get more product than BE for less; not powdery at all
Luxiva Sheer Defense Tinted Moisturizer - this is a holy grail for me, love the consistency, finish and no breakouts at all
Soft Touch Eye Pencils - creamy and a dream to apply, long-lasting and no smudging or smearing - luv! Favorite colors are jaded (green, gold similar to Clinique Egyptian and royalty (blueish gray)
Their spray on brush cleanser is nice too for daily brush cleaning.
Have fun - a lot of their products are very good!
--
"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." - Randy Pausch
support Pancreatic Cancer research

50yo; combo. sensitive skin;minimal wrinkles but prone to some redness

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research - KNOW IT, FIGHT IT, END IT!

Anniecamp12650722173798 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
Nana, I hope you will let us know how your appointment goes.
I used MN years ago, and have intended to try it again, after I use up more of what I already have. I imagine I'm in for a surprise at the price increases. lol

CaChica12650732545895 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006
The original three steps are all one needs. I use it occasionally but was a dedicated user for many years.
1.Pink Cleanser in the jar (like a cold cream)
2.Miracol a facial product (lotion or cream really revs up circulation, cleans pores and gives you a glow)
and 3. cream foundation, I like Newport Tan
They have a nice light pink moisturizer also.

Karin in V­ermont1265074085816 PostsRegistered 6/28/2007VT and AZ
It's the only mineral make-up that doesn't make me breakout. I use it wet or dry.
--
Karin
****************************************You look mahvelous! Fernando

.........You look mahvelous........

rebel12650751985458 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007
i havent tried the mineral powder foundation but i have always liked the luxiva powder foundation.
great coverage and lightweight.
have fun and let us know what you like.
i like many of their makeup brushes too

45, Fair, dry, sensitive skin, DSPW, yellow and neutral undertones, Cannot use "cones" high in ingred. deck, natural blonde wavy hair, blue eyes

Wildapple1265076789762 PostsRegistered 11/17/2008Down Home
I think Merle Norman color products are second to none.
I like the Flawless Finish Foundation &
Luxiva Ultra Powder
My favorite lipstick color of all time is Rich Raisin.

KittyLouWho126507768626542 PostsRegistered 1/11/2006
I am a fan of the MN Mineral Foundation and blush.
I also like the tinted moisturizer and the nighttime recovery creme is very nice.
tkitty
--
"My one regret in life is that I am not someone else" - Woody Allen

"You make me feel like I've been locked out of heaven, for too long, for too long"
Bruno Mars

LasVegas D­ot1265080763298 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007
Wow! This was my first line I ever used. It was for my 25th birthday. I bought $100.00 of products. I'm now 61. How long ago was that? I'm sure I'd be surprised if I went back to see what they have now, and to compare prices to shopping on TV. Deja Vu!

CaChica12650856115895 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006
It seems no matter what MN salon I have dropped in on the reps. have that Merle Norman glow to their skin regardless of their age group.

LasVegas D­ot1265085991298 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007
Oh yes. I remember that Merle Norman glow. They were all very beautiful!.

Doc4Be1265087126230 PostsRegistered 6/6/2007North Dakota
Hi Nana2Callie. I have discovered Merle Norman in my 40's and like just about everything I have tried.
The mineral makeup
The tinted moisturizer
Eyeliners
Eyeshadow
Lipsticks
Blush
Brushes
The AHA toner the green one
I want to try their peel too. I love their nourishing lip balm that is being discontinued and hope they replace it with soemthing.
my MN sells OPI now too. I can't resit buying something everytime I go by it by our macy's. They have many GWP thru the year too, a fun way to try things and I give the dry skin stuff to my friend.
HTH
Doc

Lovely212650871452953 PostsRegistered 6/2/2007Texas
> The original three steps are all one needs. I use it
> occasionally but was a dedicated user for many
> years.
>
> 1.Pink Cleanser in the jar (like a cold cream)
> 2.Miracol a facial product (lotion or cream really
> revs up circulation, cleans pores and gives you a
> glow)
> and 3. cream foundation, I like Newport Tan
> They have a nice light pink moisturizer also.
Ahhhhh..I used all of these 'back in the day'!
--
Until we meet again, may God bless you as He has blessed me.
Elvis Presley

I don't believe in the concept of h*ll, but if I did I would think of it as filled with people who were cruel to animals.

Gary Larson

Lovely212650874742953 PostsRegistered 6/2/2007Texas
All through my life, I have used something of MN. For years now, I cannot be without Fine Line Mininizer.
--
Until we meet again, may God bless you as He has blessed me.
Elvis Presley

I don't believe in the concept of h*ll, but if I did I would think of it as filled with people who were cruel to animals.

Gary Larson

CaChica12651383555895 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006
I plan to stop by MN again soon. I think I am going to get a new bottle of Miracol and rev. up my complexion and do a good pore cleansing. I remember when I used it regularly all the compliments I would receive. My roommate used to use it right before she went out on a date and was frequently asked what she was using.

Nana2Callie126520922969 PostsRegistered 5/4/2009
Well I enjoyed the makeover and learned a few things and bought a few things.
I'm still not sure about the skincare - but did get a GWP of large samples of the Luxiva Brilliant C line and I could use some brightening so we'll see how that works.
I tried their longwear liquid foundation and undecided on that as well - just not sure I want to switch back to a liquid. However, the colors were nice.
I did buy their primer - I had been wanting to try one and it really seems to make a difference ven in the make up that I was already wearing. I'll see if it extends the "lasting" effect because my make up usually slides off by noon.
Also, bought Lip Revive which I already use and love that product.
Prices seemed to be about the same as other lines and so I still may go back and try a few more things.

Anniecamp12654022983798 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
Thanks for letting us know how your appointment went, Nana.
I'd like to go back to their skincare line again, sometime.

Page 1 of 1