Trusted Contributor

I just read that Dr. Brandt had passed away. So sad!!

Trusted Contributor

Oh no! I only use two of his products, but I love them and was planning to try more as I needed things. That is sad.

Respected Contributor

What?! I am so shocked, he was not that old. I have several of his products and I know he has a huge clientele in NYC. Wow, I have to read up on this announcement. This is indeed so sad.

Trusted Contributor
Oh no....some of his line is on hsn. Kelly Ripa was a patient. Everything I have used, I love.
Esteemed Contributor

I just read this!! There is a columnist from the Miami Herald that says her source told her that he was suffering from depression and committed suicide. I don't think that has been confirmed. Regardless of how he died, RIP.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3026920/Fredric-Brandt-gave-stars-like-Madonna-Stephanie-Sey...

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if anyone here watches Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix (created by Tina Fey) but there a scene in the show where Jane Krakowskis and Ellie Kempers characters go to a dermatologist named Dr. Franff who is played by Martin Short and he looks very much like Dr. Brandt with regard to how pulled and filled his face is. Sources are saying this really devastated Dr. Brandt. I hope that isn't true. I watched the episode where Martin appeared as the Dr. and I knew right away they were spoofing Dr. Brandt.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor
On 4/5/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

I don't know if anyone here watches Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix (created by Tina Fey) but there a scene in the show where Jane Krakowskis and Ellie Kempers characters go to a dermatologist named Dr. Franff who is played by Martin Short and he looks very much like Dr. Brandt with regard to how pulled and filled his face is. Sources are saying this really devastated Dr. Brandt. I hope that isn't true. I watched the episode where Martin appeared as the Dr. and I knew right away they were spoofing Dr. Brandt.

I honestly never knew anything about him and had no idea what he looked like until today. I didn't realize that was spoofing him. I hope this isn't true because if so, it just goes to show how hurtful it can be to people when you make fun of them for their looks or whatever. I love TF and know she would never had meant any harm but even seemingly funny and harmless things about someone's looks can be so devastating to someone, especially if they are prone to depression. Very sad about his passing, whatever the reason.

Super Contributor

He had a show on satellite radio that I often listened to. He was always so funny, upbeat, kind, supportive and generous to all his listeners and callers. He would often recognize any of his patients who called in.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/5/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 4/5/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

I honestly never knew anything about him and had no idea what he looked like until today. I didn't realize that was spoofing him. I hope this isn't true because if so, it just goes to show how hurtful it can be to people when you make fun of them for their looks or whatever. I love TF and know she would never had meant any harm but even seemingly funny and harmless things about someone's looks can be so devastating to someone, especially if they are prone to depression. Very sad about his passing, whatever the reason.

I know, I thought the same thing. I am sure Tina Fey would be devastated if this turns out to be true. She has never seemed malicious to me. I hope none of this is true. We will find out soon I am sure.

JFK
Valued Contributor

what? oh no, this is so sad. i loved watching him on qvc.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel