Respected Contributor

Any non-waterproof mascaras that don't give you raccoon eyes???

Every mascara creates dark circles under my eyes throughout the day. I even stopped applying to my lower lashes but it hasn't helped. Happens everyday when I wear powder foundation, and it's worse when I wear liquid foundation. I don't like waterproof mascara. Are there any non-waterproof portions that don't have fall-out under the eyes?
Honored Contributor

Re: Any non-waterproof mascaras that don't give you raccoon eyes???

I don't have that problem with Benefit They're Real. I do with just about everything else.

Honored Contributor

I have this problem and usually only use waterproof mascara because of it. I have good luck with Clinique mascaras, Blinc's original tubing mascara, and with the new Benefit Roller Lash mascara. (It doesn't curl my lashes the way it promises, but it doesn't flake or give me raccoon eyes, so hooray for that.)

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have any problems with raccoon eyes when using L'Oreal mascaras.
Super Contributor

I have never had any problem with either regular or waterproof mascara until this last year. Haven't changed anything, and no matter what I do, I get the dark circles under my eyes within an hour or two. I've even stopped doing the underlashes, and while this helps somewhat, my eyes just fade away without mascara there.

I wonder if what some of us really need, is not so much a waterproof mascara, but an OIL proof mascara? It's the oils in our skin, not water, that causes the product to break down.

Honored Contributor

I don't have that problem with Bobbi Brown's Smokey Lash Mascara either, or with Dior's Iconic Overcurl..

Contributor

The Mally mascara in the white tube work the best on my lower lashes. I have tried a ton of different higher-end brands. They will all leave a dot or two, but Mally is the best I've tried.

Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2015 wildcat fan said: I don't have any problems with raccoon eyes when using L'Oreal mascaras.

I use L'Oreal Voluminous non-waterproof and I don't have that problem either. I use the one with the curved brush.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:

I have never had any problem with either regular or waterproof mascara until this last year. Haven't changed anything, and no matter what I do, I get the dark circles under my eyes within an hour or two. I've even stopped doing the underlashes, and while this helps somewhat, my eyes just fade away without mascara there.

I wonder if what some of us really need, is not so much a waterproof mascara, but an OIL proof mascara? It's the oils in our skin, not water, that causes the product to break down.

Yeah, I rarely do my bottom lashes. I live in a fairly humid climate, so for me it's usually a combination of humidity and the sweat and oil I get because of the humidity. I was REALLY worried earlier this month when I went to an outdoor event with my new Roller Lash mascara. I didn't know it would be outdoors or I wouldn't have gone with a new and untested mascara. I knew I was sweating and was worried that my mascara was going to be everywhere when I checked the mirror, but it was only where I'd put it, even 14 hours later.

Trusted Contributor

This is why many artists (most notably Bobbie Brown) suggest and use a setting powder over concealer in the under eye area. I know this is a horror for many putting powder any where in the under eye area so another choice is to dust the powder under the lower lashes (not the skin) either before or after you apply mascara on these lashes. This will prevent transfer of the mascara onto your skin, I promise you. No need to use waterproof mascara of which I'm not a fan.