Valued Contributor

O/T For All Beatles Fans, Cynthia Lennon Died Today at 75

She passed from cancer at her home in Spain and son Julian was with her. Always will remember her as a beautiful blonde sweet woman caught up in Beatlemania and was with John from the time they were both art students and before his tremendous fame began. Everything I have ever read about her made her sound like a lovely person and an excellent and devoted mother.

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T For All Beatles Fans, Cynthia Lennon Died Today at 75

This Beatlemaniac thanks you for the news.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

She epitomized the 60's Carnaby Street look with her long blonde hair, leather caps and mini skirts and boots. Little did she know what she was getting into when she met John but I think she always loved him.

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear of this. May she rest in peace.

Respected Contributor

How sad for her son.

Of course, we only know what we read, but I always felt sorry for her...she seemed to really love John and it didn't appear that he treated her very well.

May she rest in peace.

Super Contributor

This makes me sad.....so glad that Julian was with her. The Beatles were my life and my friends and I had our own fan club. We were in awe/envious of the beautiful Cynthia. I was sad when she and John broke up.

Rest in peace.

Esteemed Contributor

She loved John when he was nobody. Everyone's life changed when the Beatles made it big. Whoever would have thought that John would find that awful Yoko Ono attractive???

Esteemed Contributor

I also always felt that she got the short end of things. Funny how one's whole life is then defined by an event; Every obituary I have read online starts ""John Lennon's former wife..."" or ""John Lennon's first wife Cynthia....""

Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2015 colliegirls said:

She loved John when he was nobody. Everyone's life changed when the Beatles made it big. Whoever would have thought that John would find that awful Yoko Ono attractive???

He obviously saw something or some things in her that he loved.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I remember doin my hair like hers! Did she ever remarry? I think she was a very shy private person. So sorry to hear that.