Contributor

I recently posted a review of a new foundation and it was not rash, but I did not like the foundation and was sending it back. QVC will not print it. I did not mention other products or any thing like that. Before I had a complimentary reviews and they would not print that either. is it me? Anyone else? I have decided that I will not mess with reviews anymore. I am disappointed, but I do not want to waste time trying to figure out what they do and do not like. It should be my opinion of the product, if I like it or not. I did not like the new expensive foundation. There was hardly anything in the tube and it did not cover at all. I rely on reviews when I buy anything. Is it just me?

Honored Contributor

I no longer attempt to write reviews on QVC either. They hardly ever print mine and when I've asked what in my review made it so they would not post, they could not tell me. One time I even simply wrote "I did not like the colors of the lipgloss" and they still would not print it.

I don't trust their reviews now that I know they are skewed. Funny thing is, there are many reviews that completely and blatantly violate their review standards-like mentioning other brands, or some people "reviewing" the product although they haven't even gotten it yet. QVC's review system is broken and inept and I no longer write them or trust them.

Super Contributor

I returned an article of clothing once that I thought was poorly made and misrepresented, and said so in a review, which was printed. It took a few weeks for the review to be 'approved,' and they sent me an email when it was published.

I'm not certain as to why yours was not published....

Valued Contributor

Hmmm. I always write reviews and they always print -- more than 800 of them! Not sure why yours isn't getting in because it sounds like you're following the rules. For the record, even my really bad reviews get in.

Respected Contributor

I've had some reviews show up and some not, and I can't figure out why they did or did not either. I wondered if maybe I used one of their "forbidden" words/phrases/letter combinations, but didn't give it enough thought to ruin my day. I figure, I tried.

Respected Contributor

I don't write a lot but mine are always printed also...that does not seem right yours aren't getting printed...

Honored Contributor

Did QVC send you a message that your review was declined? From what I understand they do that, although they may not give you a specific reason.

Did you by any chance keep a copy that you could post here so that maybe someone could give you an idea why it might have been declined, if it truly was declined? It might just be in the process unless you received a message to the contrary.

If you didn't already, you also might check the review guidelines to see if that might help. I know that QVC is not very consistent in applying them, but it might at least give you clue.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I think writing reviews is intuitive, you get how to do it, or you don't. It sounds like you are too vague. Hardly anything in the tube? That's vague. I would have said "not a good value for me." If you use a forbidden word, you will get a message in red.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never had a problem with negative or positive reviews posting.

Honored Contributor
On 4/1/2015 depglass said:

I think writing reviews is intuitive, you get how to do it, or you don't. It sounds like you are too vague. Hardly anything in the tube? That's vague. I would have said "not a good value for me." If you use a forbidden word, you will get a message in red.