Honored Contributor

60's Ladies~~~~Come Join Us For April!

photo 8F1F57F7-7874-455B-BFE4-9A7D5DFEBD36_zps7yzwos8w.jpg
~H~
Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~~~~Come Join Us For April!

Welcome Friends!........

~H~
Respected Contributor

Happy April y'all. surely spring is truly here. thank you for starting the April thread, Helen.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Thought I'd stop by quickly one more time. I'm beyond tired; it was so busy at the hospital. I don't think I got to sit down for more than a few minutes at a time....MOCHAHONEY, glad you found the new thread. I hope our friends find it no problem too. So, Zippie counted over 3000 steps for you today? That's great! See, I told you you'd be surprised how much you actually do. You're off to a great start! KAT, I read about your car....uggh, don't you hate car problems? And nothing is ever cheap! Ha! I agree, service is always more than parts; I think you're smart to do a little at a time. We will be going to our sons house for Easter. He has a beautiful back yard, with a pool, fireplace and outdoor kitchen. Our DIL's family will be there too. Should be fun!

it's just past 9 here, but I know most of you are already settled in asleep for the night. Hope everyone had a good day. Thinking of SPAMMOM, CINDY, SHORELADY and all our friends going through health and other difficulties. Sending healing prayers....

Good Night!

~H~
Respected Contributor

good morning ladies ... and happy april!

thanks so much for the beautiful banner, helen. it is just wonderful to open this thread and see something so cheerful and totally spring-like!

hope you all are doing ok; i have been trying to stop in and read when i can. i am doing ok here; 'things' are all still the same, but i am getting a little better at taking care of ME and letting go of what i cannot change.

here's wishing that april brings us all a much needed reprieve from winter and all that has landed on some of us the last few months!

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Helen47, thank you for the pretty pictures. It is great to be welcoming in spring and saying goodbye to winter. Hope everyone enjoys the day.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning! No fooling! The sun is out and it's going to be 60 today, 70 tomorrow, could it be??? Could winter be finally over here in N. VA??? I worked Monday and I'm going in for a 1/2 day today and I'll work tomorrow but I'm off for Easter weekend and we were invited to our neighbors, they gutted their kitchen this winter and we'll get to see the new one on Sunday. Well, I got our tickets for the King & I for June! Yeah! I got pretty good seats. I'm going with my friend from work, who I sent to see Blythe Spirit last week. The tickets were pricey, the prices seem to go up all the time but I've never been to Lincoln Center to see a show, I've only been outside. I got a hotel up on the Upper West Side, hotel prices keep going up too. I got a room with free cancellation so I'm going to keep looking for a better deal. I have a cousin who lives up by Lincoln Center, I probably mentioned that before and I'll give her a call and see if we can meet for dinner. DS gets to see the show for free since he works for R&H and I haven't talked to him yet to see if he enjoyed it. I wanted to take the train up instead of the bus but the tickets for the show were high and the room, so I just have to s*ck it up and ride the bus.

Respected Contributor

Fancy Pantsy--Yes, take care of yourself! It's very important. I'm like you I guess, I have a really hard time "letting go of things" I can't change. My DH is an engineer and is always telling me "to get over it". He can do it so easily and I do envy him that trait but I'm different. To be honest, life is a lot easier when you can "let it go". I have to keep working on it but it actually gets harder as I get older.

Respected Contributor

KatCat1--I hate cars! So expensive to maintain and yes, the cost of labor is way over the top. My DH's 2007 needs a lot of work, to the tune of $1,200 and while we thought about getting a new car I told him I'd rather put the money in it and hopefully it will last maybe two more years. I'd really like to get at least 10 years out of a car, especially since we have two cars to maintain. Like I said in my first statement, I hate cars!

Respected Contributor

Martie Hugs--So sorry about your health issues that prevents you from walking. I have mild arthritis in my left knee, a hip & back that act up once in a while but they don't prevent me from walking, at least not at this stage of my life. I'm glad you have good neighbors who look in on you.