Contributor

I had never used any of their products except for the Blurring Brushes, so I was very excited to use the CC Illuminating cream as well as the Vitality Disk.

Overall I like the CC Illuminating cream a lot. It is a lot thicker than what I was expecting, more like a traditional foundation. I applied it with my fingertips and the coverage and color were good. Despite Jamie saying that only the fairest of the fair should order the Fair cream, I ordered it anyway because my experience with "light" creams, foundations and powders has never been good because they are always too yellow. That said, the Fair CC cream was perfect for me because it does sheer out enough that it is not like a mask on your skin.

I also really liked the Vitality disk, the bronzer and blush have good staying power but what I really love is the highlighter. It is shimmery and it applies easily, it is my favorite part of the whole kit. I have never liked a powder highlight so much before.

I didn't think I would love the eye palette, I have so many neutral palettes that I didn't think this one would be special at all, but I do really like it as well. The colors blend well to create a very soft look, and although I typically like a little shimmer on my lids, I am happy with the look these shadows created.

In the box they sent me a sample of the Bye Bye Undereye and much to my surprise I hated it. I know that it works wonders for most people but it was way too thick and glue like for me. I don't suffer from under eye circles or bags but I have always had what looks like alligator skin in the corner of my under eye and this concealer just made it more pronounced.

I have not used the brushes yet. I am sure they are great but I didn't want to dirty them just yet. I probably won't use the larger one with the disk, most likely I will use it with the HD powder that I put over the CC cream.

Super Contributor

I used mine today too and LOVE it!! I really love the bronzer disc as well. Really glad I for this kit.

Respected Contributor
If you like a little shimmer on your eye, use the highlighter lightly on your eye or dip the brush in the highlight and then the eye shadow or vice versa. It might perk it up. I havent used it yet. I have a feeling medium is going to be too orangey. I only tried it on the back of my hand and it might of been too much product but... I am going to try it this weekend, I didnt want to chance going to work looking orange. The brushes are so soft. It is mainly why I purchased the kit. I am going to wash them this weekend and put them to work.
Super Contributor
Can't wait til mine arrives. Thanks for your review.
Super Contributor

Mine arrived today, too. This is my second Vitality disk, I wanted a second to keep at my desk, this is an amazing face palette for my coloring.

For me, the new Illumination CC is a bit too luminous.

As always, an incredible value, thrilled to have it.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Super Contributor
Mine arrived today too so I can't wait to use it tomorrow! I've used several IT products in the past including the CC cream so I'm anxious to see how this version compares to the original. I have 2 of the large eye pallets so I know I'll love the shadows and the brushes are fabulous as usual. I couldn't believe how huge that face disc was! The colors look great though! I'm wondering how it will compare to the cheek set that was included a couple of tsv's ago that had the rectangular shaped cheek set; I think it was a CC highlight powder, blush and bronzer in one. I'll have to compare them later.
Super Contributor

I unpacked mine today also, I love the brushes.

I opened the eye shadow and looked at it, I didn't think I would like it but I do and I am keeping it. I packed up the cream and the face disc and will send to my DD. If she doesn't like it or doesn't want it, she will find one of her friends to give it to.

I really, really wish Jamie would do a set of large brushes. I love the IT brushes so much. They are just SO nice.

Super Contributor
On 3/31/2015 aprilskies said: If you like a little shimmer on your eye, use the highlighter lightly on your eye or dip the brush in the highlight and then the eye shadow or vice versa. It might perk it up. I havent used it yet. I have a feeling medium is going to be too orangey. I only tried it on the back of my hand and it might of been too much product but... I am going to try it this weekend, I didnt want to chance going to work looking orange. The brushes are so soft. It is mainly why I purchased the kit. I am going to wash them this weekend and put them to work.

Me too!

The brushes are the best part of the kit.

Respected Contributor

To OP.

RE: The concealer sample they sent- a tip that may help, that much Bye Bye Undereye is enough to last weeks. The alligator skin you describe sounds like you are using way too much. I had a similar experience at first. The tiniest dot blended with a damp sponge is plenty.

Contributor

I tried it today and I'm not sure how I feel abut the CC illumination. I like the regular CC. I kind of like this. But it is a little too glowy for me. I think I may need mix the two together to get a look I would like. I have the face disk already and I like the suggestion of keeping one at work in my desk. So I will use that. The eye shadow is ok. I am a very neutral eye person, so I will use dark shade for liner only and the other two as shadows. I already have the eye shadow brush, but it can't hurt to have another one. The big brush is very nice. I have recently gotten into IT and have been buying a lot of the combos here on QVC where you get the product and brush for like the price of one. They are great values. I not sure I will stick with AD, because having more face disks seems like over kill. I don't think I could use them up that fast. And I don't love the future shadow colors. But I do think this kit was a overall great value.