Esteemed Contributor

What's going on with eyebrows lately?

I see girls tweezing them to practically nothing and some women applying brow makeup that looks like someone drew them on with Magic Marker.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's going on with eyebrows lately?

Just a trend.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

The heavily tweezed eyebrow is "out". I noticed that when I picked up a bunch of fashion magazines. It had it's day in the sun but the heavy, dark brow is "in" now. Just like very dark hair is "in" now. Which makes me laugh because when I was young my heavy dark brows were the complete opposite of what was in. The willowy blond look with long straight blond hair and thin blond brows was the rage. Well, now it's 35 years later and I'm in style! Dark hair with a heavy dark brow is a look I see everywhere.

Honored Contributor

Lately? This has been going on for years now. Both trends make me sad.

Respected Contributor

This is certainly nothing new. My Mother tweezed hers almost out in the 1920's - it was the style back then. Unfortunately once they were gone, they never grew back. It happens. So best to invest in fake eyebrows "stuff" for the future, because the no eyebrows look is going to become a "new" trend.

Super Contributor

On 3/31/2015 Perkup said:

This is certainly nothing new. My Mother tweezed hers almost out in the 1029's - it was the style back then. Unfortunately once they were gone, they never grew back. It happens. So best to invest in fake eyebrows "stuff" for the future, because the no eyebrows look is going to become a "new" trend.

I know this is a typo, but it sure made me smile!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

I tried tweezing them, but I just can't get that to work, so I trim the stray hairs with an eyebrow razor.

Respected Contributor

I agree with you. I don't like the look of overly made up/painted on brows. Despite what Jamie from IT and several hosts say, they don't look natural. On some of them it's the eyebrows that you see before anything else. LOL, it's like they enter the room before the rest of the person. Don't like the pencil thin line for eyebrows or the Brooke Shields bushy brows either lol.

Respected Contributor

I've noticed, too, that the heavy, thick brow is all the rage. I find them distracting and not very complimentary to any women's face. The only person I know that got away with them being that thick was Brooke Shields - but she always had them trimmed and well kept.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/31/2015 PenneyT said:
On 3/31/2015 Perkup said:

This is certainly nothing new. My Mother tweezed hers almost out in the 1029's - it was the style back then. Unfortunately once they were gone, they never grew back. It happens. So best to invest in fake eyebrows "stuff" for the future, because the no eyebrows look is going to become a "new" trend.

I know this is a typo, but it sure made me smile!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

A trend that lasted well into the 13th Century, very popular around the Medieval Manor.