Frequent Contributor

Laura Geller Baked Liquid Radiance Foundation - Big disappointment!

I just received my Laura Geller Baked Liquid Radiance Foundation. I have been so excited to get it and try it. First of all, it is touted as full coverage, which is what I needed. I was hopeful that I would find a good match as it is offered in porcelain, fair, and light. I ordered porcelain and fair and assumed one would work for my fair pink-toned skin. Three strikes! It isn't full coverage, the porcelain is too yellow, and the fair is too dark. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I'm back to searching for a foundation that covers the redness on my cheeks and matches my skin.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Laura Geller Baked Liquid Radiance Foundation - Big disappointment!

Got caught up in the "pre-order" marketing routine? They sold a ton of the Bare Minerals foundation this way last year before anyone could test colors or read reviews. Is it possible for you to get to a Sephora, Ulta or department store to get color matched?

Lisa Eldridge has a fantastic set of videos on foundation - from shopping to applying to recommendations. I learn so much from her!

Start here, there are 7 more:

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/25667/how-to-shop-for-the-perfect-foundation/#.VRnejPnF98E

Frequent Contributor

I feel your frustration.

I was a Philosophy gal for a long time. When their new foundation came out it was in conjunction with a Beauty Bash (OH I MISS THOSE!) and was with a rep who tried desperately to match my skin with their products.

She finally gave up. Said perhaps in the future there would be something to suit my skin tone down the road. I never did find one.

I am presently with IT Cosmetics. So far so good.

Super Contributor

I found the foundation is very full coverage. I ordered the deep because I faux tan and I like it so far. I have used it the past 2 days

Frequent Contributor

I just received mine today in the light, and so far I like it. I found it to be quite full coverage. It reminds me of the bare minerals serum, but creamier and easier to blend. I'll have to use it week or two before I know if it will break me out or not. Also, I normally wear light in 5 shade foundations, and I'm happy with the way it matches my skin tone -- not too yellow.
Super Contributor

You need to use a concealer first to cover your redness. You're asking a foundation to do the job of a concealer.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Respected Contributor

You might also try a yellow or green primer. I have fair skin with some redness on my nose and Bare Mineral's yellow primer is good, so is Pur's green, and Derma something green. Btw, you can get the redness lasered away if it's not rosecea. I've done it a few times. It eventually comes back but it does last about two years. A bit $$, though.
Trusted Contributor

I guess I will stick to the powder. Thanks for the review.

Super Contributor

You know one thing I have found to be true is that the Q and the company hype this stuff forever, go on advanced order for 3 months and when you finally get the product there is a let down effect. The fact that for the last few months it just build and builds so when you do receive it you want it to do everything but wash the dishes. I sire wish the Q would stop doing this. They either launch a new product, or forget about it.

Honored Contributor

I learned a few years ago that I only buy a foundation after I've seen it in person. I don't buy foundations from QVC unless I've tested them in a local store. I pass up all new foundation items until they're released to local stores. I know that Tarte, for example, has a habit of releasing a limited color selection to QVC and then expanding the color range in Sephora and Ulta stores. Usually the QVC colors are warmer undertones and the expanded range in other stores have cooler undertones.