Valued Contributor

Do you go for regular facials, or seldom, for a treat? I haven't had a facial in years...dissatisfied with my skin right now...don't know if it is because of winter, my age (50), perimenopause...yada,yada,yada...do you get 'basic' or 'special' facials? Do you buy the skin care products offered by the spa/salon afterwards? The salon I am thinking of going to carries Image products...anyone ever used these? Thanks for sharing your experiences, suggestions, and advice!

Valued Contributor

Re: Do you get regular Facials?

Wow! Over 50 people read this post, but no replies? Can't any of you beauties help a girl out, please?

Respected Contributor

Hi Barb40

I turn 47 this year and have only had one facial. I am more massage kind of girl. I only use argon oil on my face so I am afraid of products that the salons use. The one I did have they rubbed my head and got my hair all oily. I guess its just not my thing.

Deb

Valued Contributor

Thanks for your reply, Deb!Smile

Honored Contributor

A few years ago, I was getting them every few months because my daughter was working at a combination salon/spa so it was a good gift idea. Part of the experience was that the aesthetician would do a foot mask and wrap them in hot towels. She also did incredible hand, arm, shoulder and neck massage. And when she did the facial massage she had me so relaxed that I'd doze off. Just thinking the whole thing right now makes me want to go for one again! If you're in the market for new skincare, listen to what the aesthetician has to say, but you are under no obligation to purchase anything. The woman I saw is partial to Eminence products. I bought some things to try, but didn't like them enough to stick with the plan. Currently I am using a dermafoliant from Eminence, though, and I like it.

Honored Contributor

I've honestly never had a facial and I don't think I ever will. I am really particular what I use on my skin and alot of what they like to use at places like that have extracts and ingredients that my skin would not like. I do LOVE body massages though. If I ever get super rich that is one thing I'd splurge on- daily massages!

Contributor

Hi! I had a severe case of melasma & started getting facials to combat it. It took me awhile to find an amazing esthatician but since I have gone once a month for years! My melasma is gone & I hardly ever wear make up & get compliments on my skin all the time! Smiley Happy XO
Trusted Contributor

I had one years ago. I would love to be able to have then regularly.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to get them far more often than I do now. Started doing them at home after the massage therapist I was seeing for my back started working on my sinuses for the last few minutes of my session.

The lightbulb went off! I use EL's Perfectly Clean Multi Action cleanser to wash and then leave on as a mask. Good stuff, skin eruptions, tiny zits I used to have are now gone. I also like Bodycology's sugar scrub for exfoliation. Target for $8.

Some great videos on massage by psychetruth on youtube. Everything head to toe!

Valued Contributor

I usually get a medical facial once a month. I will rotate between a microdermabrasion and chemical peel. I absolutely love Image Skincare. Very good product. Their Ageless line works well with 40+ skin.