Respected Contributor

Do you have a favorite CLEAR (colorless) setting powder?

Looking for a colorless setting powder. Something very lightweight that won't impart any color over my liquid/cream foundation, but won't make me look ghostly. Doesn't have to be 100% matte.
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite CLEAR (colorless) setting powder?

Good Morning RachB: YES....I have a lovely suggestion for you. Since last week I have been using Laura Mercier Loose Finishing Powder....Translucent. It is fantastic!

Have been using Bare Minerals Mineral Veil for years but they keep changing it from its original formulation and I just want something....like you.....that is lightweight,colorless and is beautiful.

I could not be happier with it! Please do look it up...got mine from Nordstrom's....hopefully you will find it to be what you are looking for! Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Mally face defender it is great NO white cast takes away pores & you can use it to touch up through out the day if you're oily like me. It's so silky soft
Respected Contributor

Trish Mcevoy. It's white, but doesn't make my light skin look ghostly. It makes my skin look air brushed after applying foundation and blush.
Regular Contributor

For loose I like Laura Mercier's. For pressed I like Trish McEvoy's.
Trusted Contributor

I just picked up e.l.f. HD powder a couple of days ago. It's colorless and so far I'm loving it. It's $6 at Target (or at the e.l.f. website).

Honored Contributor

Skinn Plasma Fusion Setting Veil.

Trusted Contributor

NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder in Crystal.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

Makeup4ever has a white finishing powder that is excellent! I just tried it a few weeks ago and really like it, I also have been recently using Ben Nye's yellow powder and like it a lot as well.........Nars also has a light reflecting powder that is supposed to be very good, I have not tried that one yet!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/29/2015 andrea m IL said: Mally face defender it is great NO white cast takes away pores & you can use it to touch up through out the day if you're oily like me. It's so silky soft

I second this wholeheartedly! I've fought oily and shiny skin my whole life and this stuff is the best solution I've found. I wear mineral makeup alone or sometimes when I want more coverage I wear it over a liquid foundation. But after that is put on I always pat (never wipe) this Mally Face Defender on top of my makeup to help ""set"" it and give it an even more matte finish. Then I will also use it later in the day to help take away shine.