Trusted Contributor

My Personal Solution to Hair Loss

In the event that you missed my post in the discussion entitled, "Hair Loss" in the wen forum, here is my personal solution to my own hair loss.

Fist of all, I am not a wen user but I have noticed many wen users posting about hair loss. A few months ago I began to notice that my hair was falling out. It seemed that every time I touched my hair there were a few strands left in my hand. It even got to the point where I would repeatedly feel a hair strand fall on my arm when I was working at my computer or easel.

Two months ago, when fresh strawberries began to wane, I began adding a banana to my 5X weekly organic yogurt breakfast. I have noticed in the past 2 weeks that my hair is no longer falling out! I have recently googled hair loss and potassium and have read that there is a connection--low amounts of potassium can cause hair loss.

I hope this information may be beneficial to any of you who are experiencing hair loss and wish you success in reversing it.

Valued Contributor

Re: My Personal Solution to Hair Loss

Wow! Thanks for this info. My hair has also thinned somewhat, and since I neglect getting enough potassium, I will give this a shot.Smile

Trusted Contributor

You are so welcome! I hope it makes a difference for you as it has for me.

Super Contributor

thanks for sharing the info.

i feel like my hair loss is stress related but this is good information.

Honored Contributor

Kind of you to share this, seaside shopper. Hey, even if it doesn't work for some, it's harmless and even beneficial.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Glad you found your answer. Low iron can also contribute to hair loss - adding more dark green veggies like broccoli and/or kale can turn things around.

Respected Contributor

How interesting! I noticed mine was thinning this winter but I eat a LOT of bananas and greens. (Mostly vegetarian, got my cholesterol down this way.)

I had to add a hair supplement with bamboo silica and biotin -I think it's the long cold, sunless winter. Silica seems to help my nails as well, they get thin.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have always believed what is happening on the outside is a reflection of what is, or in some cases isn't, going on in the inside.
Trusted Contributor

You're welcome, Rebel.

SuzyQ3, thank you.

Thank you, Buck-i-Nana, and thank you for the information on low iron.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for pointing this out. I am a believer in this too.