Honored Contributor

I know it is not the worse thing in the world! But do any of you have any remedies that work for crepey skin of the top of the hands and arms?

I have tried Skinn hand crème but it is not really doing much. Tried Prai anti aging hand crème and the same thing.

Does exfoliation help?? Is there a product or home remedy? Thank you!!! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Valued Contributor
Same here! I got the isomers copperp and it seems to help a little. I also have the skinn hand cream, and I thought it wasn't working, but I think it takes time, because I've noticed my hands are a little better. I plan to try isomers redensify next.
Honored Contributor

I'm 64 so the skin on my hands is thinner and crepey, exfoliation helps some. I use Skinns Olive and Enzyme Body Polish and use an oil, any of the popular ones, it's a short term fix and of course the problem is ongoing, it's called aging.

Respected Contributor

I have been putting a couple drops of Isomers 20% Matrixyl Concentrate in my body creams, either CeraVe cream in the tub or Korres Body Butter, I have been diligent to do my arms a couple times a day. I think they look better now then when I first bought the bottle last summerish. I had that crepey problem on my arms too, it just happened on day and freaked me out!

Esteemed Contributor

You need oils and on top a good body balm like Dimitri's. You're dry.

Valued Contributor
If you check out the pictures of the oldest living bodybuilder in the health and fitness section , it looks like her skin is very firm and she is 77! So it could be exercise is the best thing you can do for your skin. She also was careful to drink and eat right.
Esteemed Contributor

Products with AHAs will smooth skin surface. My favorite AHA things are from Alpha Hydrox.

Valued Contributor

I just saw an infomercial for Crepe Erase, a Guthy-Renker product...Jane Seymour was host...it was exfoliator and creme...Dorothy Hamil was also on it.

Respected Contributor

It must be hereditary.

I remember when I noticed my mom's skin getting ""crepey"" and I used to tell her she had to moisturize more.

Now I am that person....and I always moisturize and use treatment type products and I'm still crepey. I also notice that I bruise easier.

I guess it's all part of the aging process.

PS....I used to tan in the sun A LOT....not sure if that has anything to do with it.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

Products with AHAs will smooth skin surface. My favorite AHA things are from Alpha Hydrox.

Hi, Harpa. A long time ago you tried to inform me about oils on my face. I remember I told you I could never put oils on my face. You were right, and I was wrong. I am now a true believer on the importance of facial oils. 8) Like your suggestion on AHA's,too.