Contributor

It Cosmetics! Is It Just Me Or......

I'm new to QVC. I love the TSV, but is the models face and neck 2 different colors. I'm AA, but when I look at Alicia the model, her face and neck don't match. Is it just me? If I'm the only one that notice it, then maybe I need to adjust the color on my TV. I want to order the TSV, but I'm afraid cause I'm thinking the color won't match.

Trusted Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics! Is It Just Me Or......

Not many of the foundations offer darker skin hues.

Contributor

Yeah. I'm noticing it with the lighter tones too. Face and neck don't match. Oh well I can spend my money else where.

Frequent Contributor

I agree! I ordered this, but went with the lightest color (Fair) instead of what would seem to make the most sense for me (Light). Fingers crossed!
Contributor

Yes, it was very noticeable! The before and after pics skin color didn't match.
Trusted Contributor

I saw that, too. I'm hoping I can blend the CC enough to make it wire in Medium. Most of my body is tan due to walking and I have hyper pigmentation on my neck that needs the darker tone but I use sunscreen on my face so am light, so overall, I'm pretty much ombre! Hopefully Medium blends it out for me. I also don't want it to look as thick as it seemed to on the models. That said, I love the IT bronzer (even use it to blend the tan line at my ankle) as well as the eye shadow trios. Figured there wasn't much to lose trying it beyond the shipping of course.
Respected Contributor

I've noticed that on the vendor, herself. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Frequent Contributor

This is the reason that has kept me from purchasing from this line even though I have been tempted. I have sampled the shades at Ulta and I just can't find a good match and the shades are not that forgiving. My complexion is a bit difficult to match, however.
Honored Contributor

Prettypinkness38 - You can always try anything and if you don't like it return it within 30 days. In the case of makeup however, I would go to Sephora or Ulta and try to get a good match before I ordered.

BTW - Welcome!!! Smile

Contributor

I like my It Cosmetics...HOWEVER, I was floored when I watched Jay Manuel on HSN. He has such great variety of shades. I'm a fairer skinned black woman and don't usually have issues finding colors for my complexion, but my sister is darker and most makeup lines have that ONE "deep/rich" shade and that's it. I was pleasantly surprised at how he not only has a variety of shades, but a variety of darker shades as well. We all come in so many colors, why not make money?!