Respected Contributor

Confused about IT foundations!

I got the last TSV that had foundation in a disc compact. I really like it. I was going to buy more concealer. Since a concealer came with the kit it seemed like a good buy. I haven't used the powder that says it covers pores.

Now there's another foundation in the kit today (3/27.) Is this the same foundation I got in the last kit?

For those having problems finding the color, I am fair and very pink. Fair is fine for me. But I always get the lightest cool toned foundation in any line.

Honored Contributor

Re: Confused about IT foundations!

The last TSV had the CC Cream in a compact. This is the illumination version of the CC Cream and it's newly launched.

Trusted Contributor

It is confusing. Jamie said that she wears the "medium" in the new CC cream but later she said that she wears the "light" in the Celebration Foundation. It seems that the colors should be more consistent. There are a very limited # of shades--it shouldn't be so hard. Also, it appears that she never makes a "deep" shade. I'm not a woman of color but not having a deep shade seems to exclude many beauties.

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 turtle52 said:

It is confusing. Jamie said that she wears the "medium" in the new CC cream but later she said that she wears the "light" in the Celebration Foundation. It seems that the colors should be more consistent. There are a very limited # of shades--it shouldn't be so hard. Also, it appears that she never makes a "deep" shade. I'm not a woman of color but not having a deep shade seems to exclude many beauties.

It's possible the shades of the powder and the liquid/creams don't match, but it's also possible she's using a tanner now that it's spring and moved to medium because of that. I don't do that, but I know there are a lot of people who do. Even without self tanner, I can wind up darker in the summer than I am in winter and foundations that were too dark for me in the winter sometimes become my summer shades.

I totally agree about the deeper shades and women of color. Frankly, I find it really sad that so many beauty companies seem to think that women come in 5-6 shades and that's it. I think QVC really highlights that because they have so few brands with more colors. It feels very chicken or the egg to me: Do they just really know their customer base or are they preventing themselves from reaching a larger base because of their limited color choices. If I were a woman of color, I think I'd feel pretty clear on the fact that QVC is not trying really hard to feel like a place where I belong.

Frequent Contributor

I purchased the original IT compact in "Fair".

I like it because it is an all-you'll-need foundation.

The newer products seem to add more make-up to apply:

to me, it negates the original concept of " one and done".

I use the powder-compact to swipe over my entire face; then use shadow and liner and mascara; and finish with a blush.

To many new products imply that the original ones aren't enough.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it "

Respected Contributor

What is the original foundation? Is it a powder or is it the CC cream I got in the last TSV? Things shouldn't be this confusing.