Trusted Contributor

Has anyone tried Smashbox's new 24 hour shadow primer?

How is it? I've been interested in it since it came out. I feel like there are so few shadow primers that work well for me and I really need one. My go-to is Too Faced, but I still enjoy trying other brands (the story of a beauty addict!). Ulta has Smashbox's shadow primer on sale for 10 dollars today. If you've tried it does it compare to any other brands?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Smashbox's new 24 hour shadow primer?

I'm currently using this eye primer Stargazer. It's ok, but I don't think I'd buy it again (though $10 is a very good price so it might be worth a try). I find that it's hard to get out just a tiny amount. I always seem to end up with more product than I want and I have to wipe the excess off of my finger. As far as performance, the Smashbox is good...shadow lasts all day long. I just feel like I'm wasting an awful lot of it.

I've tried a ton of eye primers and I think next time I'm going back to Too Faced. I think that and Urban Decay are my favorites and the Too Faced tube lasts forever. I also like primers that are a little more flesh toned than clear as they hide some of the redness on my eyelids.

Regular Contributor

It's one of my top two. I would get it at that price. You do need just a little bit and let it sit for a minute or two before applying shadow. I put a little on each lid and then go back and smooth it out just a bit and then it's good to go. Shadows really last and do not crease.

My other favorite is the Urban Decay Anti-Aging. I think it's great, also.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, lkat and luv2playgolf. I didn't make it to Ulta yesterday for the sale, maybe next time.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Regular Contributor

It's the best eye primer EVER for me.

It is a little hard to squeeze out of the tube, but it's sooooo worth the little bit of trouble. I get some out, warm it between my fingers, and apply. It goes on smoothly and does not have any cakiness or dryness. It keeps shadows from creasing on my extremely oily lids all day long. I love it.

Contributor

I have struggled with oily eyelids forever and the ONLY primer I have used that keeps shadow from creasing that I have used is Bareminerals Prime Time. The tube is sooo tiny but lasts fairly long time and works!

Respected Contributor

I just bought the NYX eye base this week in the skin tone color and I tried it today for the first time. It was really good for me. It worked just as well as my UD and it was $7! Can't beat the price.