Super Contributor
I watched the midnight It show and now I am confused about color choice. I am light/medium which Jaime says should go for Medium. I wear Light in their powder foundation and Light in their CC Veil Compact foundation. Does the Original CC run lighter than their other foundations. I prefer a SLIGHTLY yellow toned foundation and look really bad in peach toned. Maybe the fact that this is an illuminating foundation makes it run lighter??? I am darker than Jackie (who wears Light) and lighter than Jaime (who wears Medium). I was all set to order the Light. Now I don't know, Light, Medium? Any advise? Any users of the original?
Super Contributor

I think the light. I use the medium beige in the celebration foundation, and I use the light cc cream.

fair in balance n brighten to give you another product to compare

Contributor

I am a light/medium also. I use the original CC in light. It is perfect for me. I had a sample of medium, I thought it looked a little dark on me. (a little bit peachy) The light looks much better.

Super Contributor

Definitely the light, it has the slight yellow tone you want. I use both colors and medium is muddier on me. Get the light now and you can always bronze it up and switch to medium in the next delivery if you want for summer. It is always safer to go with the lighter option.

Respected Contributor

Not many have gotten the new one so it's hard to say if it's lighter than the original CC. The regular light is definitely peachy. The medium has a more olive-orange tone. I also have trouble with getting a good match because of this . The fair is really good undertone wise on me, but it's just too light. So, I think you might prefer medium but it will probably be a bit dark.

Esteemed Contributor
Definitely the medium. I ordered this originally in the light and I looked like a ghost it was so light. Even the medium isn't a true medium, but the medium worked way better for me then the light. I think you'll be disappointed if you order light.
Respected Contributor

Go to ulta or buy both and blend the two together. many women do that. It is still a great deal if you use her product line.

Super Contributor
On 3/26/2015 Desi said:

Not many have gotten the new one so it's hard to say if it's lighter than the original CC. The regular light is definitely peachy. The medium has a more olive-orange tone. I also have trouble with getting a good match because of this . The fair is really good undertone wise on me, but it's just too light. So, I think you might prefer medium but it will probably be a bit dark.

Funny Desi, I don't find the light peachy at all, more yellow toned. I found the medium was more orange/peachy. It probably has to do with our skin tones. That is why it is so difficult to select shades!

Super Contributor

Watch Coach Glitter's review video, she wears medium. It might help give a reference of skin tone color. http://coachglitter.com/blog/

Respected Contributor

I am a light to medium leaning more toward the lighter side BUT after watching and seeing the one blond model who had on medium I opted for the medium this time even though I got light in the last IT TSV that had the super size CC foundation in it.

I think I will like this one a lot better being it will give me more of a dewy/illuminating look which I prefer.

I looked at the colors on line and the medium didn't look too dark, not dark at all, almost like a light/medium. I think with summer coming the medium will be fine and if it is too dark since I went on AD I will get light the next time but am hoping the medium will be okay.