Occasional Contributor

In case others were enjoying the banter on finding something to Switch from WEN, I have found the perfect shampoo and conditioner that competes. It is the Alterna Caviar Moistuizing Shampoo and Conditioner. They leave my hair cleaner than it has been in years, it is silky, shiny, and soft. And my hair stays clean for much longer than it did with wen. I am losing no hair, I have no irritation. And for the first time ever, I am using the same small amount of shampoo and the conditioner (used to need three times more conditioner than shampoo, not with Alterna.) So if you are like me, looking for an alternative to wen, try Alterna Caviar. (and if you are a costco Member, they have the set for sale at $39.99 with free delivery.) If you are looking for a wen alternative because he is so expensive, go to Walgreen.com and put in cleansing conditioners, there is a large selection- pantene has the closest formula in my opinion. But many have recommended the Organix Line.

Best of luck to all The Happy & Nice QVC Ladies!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Alterna-tive to WEN FOUND!

I have been using the alterna bamboo set for a few months and love it. My hair is much better than when using wen. The 24 hour volume spray is amazing. QVC has a super size set that is a good deal.
Respected Contributor

Hello, Sassy208 and welcome. Smile

Like what you did with the play on words when you wrote Alterna-tive.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

I use Alterna and love it. I didn't know Costco carried it. I will definitely check it out!
~H~
Contributor

Has anyone tried Tweek? Think that is the name from HSN?? I think I may try the Alterna...thanks!

Honored Contributor

But do they sell it in gallons?

Respected Contributor

Renpure has a lavender cleansing conditioner that is fantastic. it is very moisturizing and smells amazing

Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2015 ottowatoo said:

Has anyone tried Tweek? Think that is the name from HSN?? I think I may try the Alterna...thanks!

I tried both of the versions. I thought mixing them together would be the best option for my fine naturally curly hair. The nozzle on the Rise & Shine version just would not dispense the product. I pushed with all my might and very little would come out. Thought I was going to break my thumb! The first day my hair looked fine. It did not hold up for the 2nd day though. And about a week and a half into use, my scalp got very *i*tchy (sorry-QVC's filters) and irritated. I returned the products. My hair is very finicky and it is hard for me to find products that I love so while it didn't work for me, it may work for others. It is a unique concept in that you put it on dry hair first and wait about 10 minutes before adding water and more product, then massaging through hair and scalp and rinsing. There are a lot of rave reviews on HSN's website. It was developed by the same person that developed Ojon but then sold the line. Ojon didn't work for me either though, it was way too heavy on my hair and left a film.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2015 kcladyz said:

Renpure has a lavender cleansing conditioner that is fantastic. it is very moisturizing and smells amazing

I've tried to find this at Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid and none of them carried it! Next time I'm by a Target I'll check and see if they have it. Wondering if it is only available in selected areas.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2015 UMDTerpFan said:
On 3/26/2015 kcladyz said:

I've tried to find this at Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid and none of them carried it! Next time I'm by a Target I'll check and see if they have it. Wondering if it is only available in selected areas.

They have Renpure products on drugstore.com. Unfortunately, the lavender scented cleansing conditioner is sold out there. But they do have some other Renpure products.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder