Trusted Contributor

Good moisturizer with peptides?

On the Dr. Oz show today he talked about 3 types of aging skin: the spotter, sagger, and wrinkler. For the sagger the dermatologist suggested a moisturizer with peptides (Palmitoyl Oligopeptide and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide were listed). I good use help in this area so wonder if anyone knows of a good moisturizer with peptides that help with sagging skin.

Honored Contributor

Re: Good moisturizer with peptides?

NCN skincare's multiactive peptide 25% is an excellent one and contains both the ingredients you mentioned.

Honored Contributor

Isomers Advanced Matrixyl Wrinkle Defense Cream for Day and Night

Honored Contributor

I use Mizon Collagen Power Lifting Emulsion (Korean product). If you already have a favorite moisturizer, you can purchase Mizon's Peptide 500 Ampoule and just add a few drops to something you're currently using, be it your toner, a serum, or moisturizer.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Copper, Tripeptide-1 Sodium Hyaluronate, ButyleneGlycol, Beta Glucan Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhextyl Glycerin, Tropolone, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Adenosine, Human Oligopeptide-1 Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 Pentapeptide-13 Disodium Edta

Valued Contributor

On 3/26/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I use Mizon Collagen Power Lifting Emulsion (Korean product). If you already have a favorite moisturizer, you can purchase Mizon's Peptide 500 Ampoule and just add a few drops to something you're currently using, be it your toner, a serum, or moisturizer.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Copper, Tripeptide-1 Sodium Hyaluronate, ButyleneGlycol, Beta Glucan Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhextyl Glycerin, Tropolone, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Adenosine, Human Oligopeptide-1 Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 Pentapeptide-13 Disodium Edta

Where do you purchase the Mizon product? Thanks...

Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 jump4joy said:

Ingredients:<br /> Aqua, Copper, Tripeptide-1 Sodium Hyaluronate, ButyleneGlycol, Beta Glucan Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhextyl Glycerin, Tropolone, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Adenosine, Human Oligopeptide-1 Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 Pentapeptide-13 Disodium Edta

Where do you purchase the Mizon product? Thanks...

Usually Amazon, but I've bought it on eBay too. You can get the ampoule (small green bottle with a dropper) for around $17 on Amazon Prime. If you shop eBay, be sure to sort the listings to US Only. If you buy from someone in Korea, it'll take forever and a day to get here. Even though I use the Mizon Collagen Power Lifting Emulsion as my daytime moisturizer, I still use drops of the ampoule with either my toner or serum, both day and night.

Trusted Contributor

JeanLouiseFinch, what do you like about the Mizon products? Do you think it helps sagging/firming?

Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 AnnMarie-1 said:

JeanLouiseFinch, what do you like about the Mizon products? Do you think it helps sagging/firming?

It's difficult to know how to answer these kinds of questions sometimes because I believe skincare is a multi-pronged approach with products, habits, and techniques so it can be hard to single out one product for review when others have also assisted in the outcome or results. I have selected my products and devised my routine to address texture, clarity, pores, oil stabilization, firmness, etc. I do like the Mizon products because they have an assortment of peptides and the Collagen Power Firming Emulsion has seemed to work for me. My husband noticed before me that my face has more structure to it now. I do do a bit of facial massage when applying some of my products.

Contributor

Dr. Perricone lists neuropeptides in many of his treatment products.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2015 AnnMarie-1 said:

It's difficult to know how to answer these kinds of questions sometimes because I believe skincare is a multi-pronged approach with products, habits, and techniques so it can be hard to single out one product for review when others have also assisted in the outcome or results. I have selected my products and devised my routine to address texture, clarity, pores, oil stabilization, firmness, etc. I do like the Mizon products because they have an assortment of peptides and the Collagen Power Firming Emulsion has seemed to work for me. My husband noticed before me that my face has more structure to it now. I do do a bit of facial massage when applying some of my products.

I totally understand as I too use many strategies to achieve a look, a tone, a smoothness, eradicate this, lift that, etc...such an adventure this aging is bringing & it is NOT AN EASY ONE LOL