Super Contributor

Problem with Isomers from EBAy

I won an auction from a seller with 100 % rating for a sealed Isomers stem genesis plasma 200 - a full ounce for about 40 dollars and was pretty pumped up about it. well I got it today and there was no Isomers seal on it- you know that hard plastic seal they used -which is kind of hard to get off. there wasn't a seal under the cap either. I have gotten all my Isomers from vine with that hard plastic coating on the bottle, also purchased from Isomers.ca and the same was true.

would you trust this product and keep it? due to the sellers rating? or would you send it back.

thank-you-

Super Contributor

Re: Problem with Isomers from EBAy

also forgot to add- the listing had SEALED in cap letters on the listing.

Honored Contributor

I thought ebay doesn't allow negative feedback anymore? If this is true, then wouldn't most sellers have all positive feedback?

Anyway, if the items are always sealed but these are not, I would not be happy with them.

Honored Contributor

SEND IT BACK! Especially since the description claimed it was sealed!

Honored Contributor

Buyers CAN leave negative feedback. Sellers either leave positive or none.

dnna - if the product you received does not match what was advertised, you are not obligated to keep it or eat the expense. First, I'd contact the seller and tell them why you're concerned or disappointed. Ask them for a refund. If they refuse, move to the next step and get eBay involved. You will file a dispute for the item not being as advertised. You will have to return it and provide a tracking number, but if/when eBay rules in your favor you will get everything from the initial purchase refunded plus your return shipping. I'm confident they will rule in your favor, but hopefully the seller will do the right thing and you won't have to advance to that step.

Super Contributor

I would email the seller for a return/refund. If it said sealed and its not, you have the right to do so since the listing was not accurate.

Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 dnna said:

also forgot to add- the listing had SEALED in cap letters on the listing.

Hi dnna, I'm an eBay powerseller who sometimes sells extra items from cosmetic kits on eBay. If I were you, I would contact the seller and ask them why the item wasn't sealed, when it specified in the item description that it was. They might offer you a partial refund if you want to keep the item. If you don't want to keep it, they should accept the return and refund your return shipping. If they're not willing to do that, you can open an 'item not as described' case. eBay should rule in your favor if the description stated that it was sealed and it wasn't.

That being said, if the seller has a lot of feedback and it's all positive, I would trust that it's an authentic product. If the product is a good deal and you want to keep it, I wouldn't worry about it. I haven't sold any Isomers products, but some of the Dr. Denese products that I receive in kits are not sealed and I still sell them on eBay.

Super Contributor

thanks everyone! I am quite new to EBAy _I did get a half ounce stem genesis eye cream and it was sealed like Isomers always does the seal. I have bought many. many isomer kits and everything is sealed.and hard to open! so this is going back.

I really like this eye cream and was so happy to find a one ounce size. I assume if I send it back she will relist it. but it is not new and sealed, and the next buyer will be getting a used item.

Well this kind of leaves me feeling- no more eBay. lesson learned. lots of cheaters out there.

thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Valued Contributor

Just a word of caution when buying skincare from Ebay or Amazon..Unless its a new release item you never know how old it is.I have seen many items being sold that i know have expired because of the older looking packaging...I dont buy anything there now unless i know it was a new release within a yr.Isomers bottles have numbers on the bottom that are kinda hard to read,but if you look in bright light you can see better...You can email them the lot numbers and they can tell you when it was made in case you do buy something you are not sure how old it is.

Honored Contributor

Yes, contact the seller first and try to settle it with her, if non responsive to your satisfaction, then go to the Resolution Ctr and make a claim. In most cases you will get an immediate refund from ebay, been there done that many times. Chances are the seller will tell you she will refund you and to keep the item.