Honored Contributor

Anyone use Josie Maran Argan Oil for scalp/hair use the same way as WEN oils?

I don't mean her Argon Hair Oil but her original, plain oil. I have the WEN ones and love them but recently the scents have started to get to me (allergy season is starting and it happens every time). I noticed that MANY hair oils are full of cones but not WEN and not her Argon Oil.

So, has anyone done this/been doing this and what have the results been? TIA : )

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone use Josie Maran Argan Oil for scalp/hair use the same way as WEN oils?

I've used argan oil in my hair before, yes. I found it a bit too heavy for my hair though.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone use Josie Maran Argan Oil for scalp/hair use the same way as WEN oils?

How did it work for your scalp? The WEN oils are too heavy for my hair so I use them only for scalp/root care.

Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 sahmIam said:

How did it work for your scalp? The WEN oils are too heavy for my hair so I use them only for scalp/root care.

I don't really have scalp issues so I've only used the Tea tree wen oil on my scalp and found that it helped my hair grow faster probably because it made my scalp healthier (I am not going to argue this point with anyone so hopefully no one wants to debate this with me. I know what I experienced, lol). I have put argan oil on my scalp on occasion but never consistently enough to know if it alone would help keep my hair growing faster. I would think that if you have a drier scalp it would help. You certainly can try it and see if you like it? I don't think it would hurt by any means?

Super Contributor

absolutely fantastic to use on hair ,scalp nails, cuts ,,,etc natural nut oil is a treatment for skin have used argan for years cant rave enough

Regular Contributor

I do for the same reason. I love her oil in my hair and I love that I cannot smell it.
Honored Contributor

You can read the benefits of using Argan Oil on your scalp here. http://www.hairyscalp.com/the-benefits-of-argan-oil-on-your-scalp.html

Aloe Vera Gel & Jojoba Oil is also good for the scalp. Rhassoul Clay & Jojoba Oil is good for hair/scalp.

Honored Contributor

You absolutely can. If I'm not using WEN oils, I make my own blend of jojoba, grapeseed, argan, castor, and tea tree oils. I actually mix mine up in an empty JM Argan Oil bottle. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I used the argon oil a lot in my hair until my stylist said it causes your color to fade quicker.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/26/2015 ChynnaBlue said:

You absolutely can. If I'm not using WEN oils, I make my own blend of jojoba, grapeseed, argan, castor, and tea tree oils. I actually mix mine up in an empty JM Argan Oil bottle. Smiley Happy

One more for absolutely using oil on the hair and scalp. My hair oil method is similar to yours ChynnaBlue's. I will use Wen's if the oil is part of a set, but I never just buy them as a single item. Josie Maran's argan oil is on the list of oils I use, but her price prohibits me from using it alone as a hair treatment and dressing.

There are so many oils on the market that one can find some excellent quality ones at very moderate prices for use on hair and body. For my hair type (dry, kinky curly), some of the oils which have been formed into hairdressing balms (such as Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey) work best. When I style using a flat iron or curling brush a couple of drops of a liquid oil mixed with Soft Flocker gives me the best result.