Occasional Contributor

Why did QVC stop selling Smashbox cosmetics ?

Honored Contributor

Not sure, but after Holly left it seemed like they weren't on very much, and I think that was hard for sales. It does seem like on HSN they get more air time,and have better pricing and usually free shipping which is nice. They have come out with a lot of nice new products lately!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

I was asking myself the same thing. Few days ago I was flipping through channels and Smashbox is now on HSN.

Regular Contributor

Smashbox dot com has free shipping, a points system and right now, if you sign up for emails, they will email a 25.00 off of 100.00 coupon. Plus you get free samples. Tuesdays/Thursdays usually have a free with purchase item as well.

Trusted Contributor

Even prior to Holly leaving SB, they were on less and less in that final year or two. My guess is it had to do with the financial deals they could negotiate for the products and SB possibly no longer willing to keep cutting their portion. That is usually the reason why vendors jump ship. I know this from a vendor who tried to do business here that QVC is not easy to deal with and vendors have to be willing to commit to things that are often tough to swallow. My friend ended up not doing any business with them as it was just too one-sided (on QVC's end) for them to justify.

I do prefer SB on HSN as they offer some excellent pricing with always free shipping. I've picked up a number of new products since they moved there.