Frequent Contributor

Face Powder for aging skin that doesn't cake or make your pores look bigger?

I need suggestions please on some Face Powders for aging skin that do not cake or make your pores look bigger? Powder to cut the shine on my face throughout the day. Do I look for something without talc?

Thanks! Smile

Super Contributor

Re: Face Powder for aging skin that doesn't cake or make your pores look bigger?

Make up Forever HD ( high definition) face powder, loose or compact is wonderful; it actually blurs lines, wrinkles and pores. It's white in the co gainer but brushes on clear, and it's non drying to the skin.
Super Contributor

Re: Face Powder for aging skin that doesn't cake or make your pores look bigger?

There is one by Tarte that is very good. It is white and doesn't cake up. I got it as a sample from Sephora.

Honored Contributor

I have been very happy with the results of layering faerieorganic mineral foundation and veil over liquid foundation.

LINK

my favorite picture but it doesn't look like me! (Wouldn't it be funny to make this my profile picture on Facebook? I think I will and see what happens!)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Any from the drug stores???

Trusted Contributor

On 3/25/2015 colliegirls said:

I've read here recently that the e.l.f. HD finishing powder is a good dupe for Makeup Forever. I'm planning to pick it up at Target this week and will post about it later.

Respected Contributor

It's not a powder, but I have tried lots of powders.

I recommend Mally Poreless Face Defender.

It "sets" makeup, diminishes pores, and takes away shine.

Love it!

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

For me and my pores...IT's powder and the brush made to go with it are my go too.

Also JM's is a another good one, and I do have large pores.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Trusted Contributor

On 3/25/2015 vaccinia said:
On 3/25/2015 colliegirls said:

I've read here recently that the e.l.f. HD finishing powder is a good dupe for Makeup Forever. I'm planning to pick it up at Target this week and will post about it later.

Yes, e.l.f. HD finishing powder is identical to makeup forever's. Available at Target, Harmon drug and they have their own website. ($3.99 vs. $24.00)

Their prices are ridiculous too, far less expensive than even the average drugstore priced items!

Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 BornAgain said:

There is one by Tarte that is very good. It is white and doesn't cake up. I got it as a sample from Sephora.

That's their Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder. It is very nice. You may also want to try the NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder in either loose or pressed versions.