Trusted Contributor

After trying a lot of Paula's new Products, I realize I am gonna stick with her Old Stuff

I swear by the 2% BHA liquid. I CANNOT live without it. It took a few years to realize this, but it is the ONLY thing that has ever controlled my acne. I tried her BHA 9, BHA 4% in the foam, and the Resist BHA and they are not nearly as good as the original. AND the prices! She is getting outrageous! Anyone else feel the same?

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

Re: After trying a lot of Paula's new Products, I realize I am gonna stick with her Old Stuff

I still use my core products, but I have lately tried some of her makeup items and love them. The only new skincare product that I have tried is her Resist Moisture Boost Oil (not sure if that is the exact name). I absolutely love it.

I do not find that her prices are outrageous at all. I think she is still right in the mid-range between drugstore and high-end.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Re: After trying a lot of Paula's new Products, I realize I am gonna stick with her Old Stuff

Has anyone used her skin recovery moisturizer or moisture boost treatment cream moisturizer? If so which one is more hydrating? Are eather one sticky or greasy feeling?
Honored Contributor

The prices have gone up but no, I don't find them outrageous at all- she always has good sales so I've never paid full price for her skincare. And since I know they actually made a difference for my skin and last forever, I definitely think they are worth every penny. The moisture boost oil I've been using since the beginning of December every.single.day and still have alot left. I know I got it on sale and it was under $30. So for the oil being under $30 and lasting well over 3 months and still going strong (the oil), the BHA's under $25 and lasting me several months and the moisturizer also under $25 and lasting me at least a couple months, for the prices and the changes I've seen in my skin, they are a great bargain, imo.

I have used her bha liquid, lotion and now also the Clear anti-redness 2% bha for many years and won't ever be without. I like the Clear anti-redness BHA better than the regular 2% liquid (I didn't really like the RESIST 2% BHA) now because it is lighterweight and these days, it is more what my skin likes. Now, sometimes the 2% BHA liquid feels a bit sticky on my skin if I use a bit too much. I really love the lotion but again, my skin changed and now it sometimes is too much for my skin. The Clear anti-redness 2% is the perfect one for me now. I've tried some of her other newer products over the years- vitamin C, BHA 9%, AHA products, serums, etc but I don't really like those as much and stick with the 2% BHA products, the Moisture Boost serum and her skin recovery moisturizer with SPF. Those three products I will never be without.

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2015 shiloh 81 said: Has anyone used her skin recovery moisturizer or moisture boost treatment cream moisturizer? If so which one is more hydrating? Are eather one sticky or greasy feeling?

I use the Skin Recovery moisturizer ( the non-SPF) every night and have done so for close to two years, I think. I love it, especially around the eyes. I do not think that it's sticky or greasy at all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I do feel she's gotten a little pricey. I wait for a good sale and stock up.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 3/24/2015 shiloh 81 said: Has anyone used her skin recovery moisturizer or moisture boost treatment cream moisturizer? If so which one is more hydrating? Are eather one sticky or greasy feeling?

I use the Skin Recovery moisturizer ( the non-SPF) every night and have done so for close to two years, I think. I love it, especially around the eyes. I do not think that it's sticky or greasy at all.

. Thanks I'm thinking about getting so samples??
Honored Contributor

I've only used the products for about a year or so, and it took me a while to find the right ones for me. I've found that there are a few that are really good, but like most other skin care lines, I don't like or can't use many of the products.

I've found through trial and error that "less is best" in my case, so I don't use a lot of the serums and treatments. I'm also thinking about going back to my previous cleanser and nixing Paula's cleanser and toner combo. But the Resist Light 2% BHA is terrific for me. I also have found that I just can't exfoliate as much as her line recommends.

As for pricing, I don't think that her treatment products are out of line, but when I added them up, the cleanser and toner were pretty pricey, considering that I found they didn't really do anything more for me than what I had already been using.

On the whole, I do like her products. But like others have stated, I normally wait for a sale to purchase.

ETA: Perhaps the recent sale of the company is why the prices are increasing. This seems to happen with all companies that get bought out.

Occasional Contributor

Honestly, I haven't tried anything of hers that I didn't like. Somethings work better for me than others, but I can't say anything was terrible. To answer your other question, no I don't feel her prices are outrageous at all.

Super Contributor

Paula's prices have went up a little but so have a lot of brands. I do think her prices are reasonable and there is always a sale going on. I don't think I've ever paid full price for anything I've ordered. I also agree that most of her products last a long time.