Super Contributor

Can Anyone help with a self-tanner recomendation?

I am a retired, senior citizen. My DH and I go to the beach several times a year: usually fall, winter, and spring. I don't think about needing a tan except for spring when it's warm.

Can anyone recommend a good self-tanner from a drug store? I don't want to pay for something expensive from Q when I won't use it but a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

tea

Honored Contributor

Re: Can Anyone help with a self-tanner recomendation?

Personally, I don't think you want a drugstore self tanner. There are some things that you need to spend more money on. You don't want to look orange. I never use self tanners but I am very tempted to try one this year and that would be Josie Maran's. It looked so natural on light skinned women and it's good for your skin with argan oil. It's $35 but worth the money as far as I am concerned and comes with the mitt. Check it out. You can always return it if you are happy with the results. What really impressed me with this product is the look and the fact that it dries quickly.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Came to this site to seek advice on self tanners.

This morning I used neutrogena spray tanner. It was the first time I have used any tanning product.

I just took my jeans off and I look like am orange and white striped tiger.

We will be having a major heat wave starting tomorrow and I don't want to have to wear jeans. What do I do?????

Respected Contributor

I only use St Tropez...(sold here, and Ulta)....It is not drugstore I know, but I have used it for years, it is a foam, with mitt...(I only use the reg shade, not the dark)....I use it all year round, and have learned my routine for applying...exfoliate, apply to dry clean skin, I let it dry and don't apply lotion til I know it's dry...then I am good to go..it is worth every dime I pay...Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Jergens natural glow is a moisturizer with self tanner. it doesn't make you real dark but it gives you color
Trusted Contributor

Jergens looks very natural, does take a week or so to get color.. It also is a moisturizer, and doesn't smell bad. I have also used tan towels, goes on clear, dries fast, and gives you a golden tan. I usually put on at night before bed. Use the plus, no need to expholiate, and has a moisturizer built in.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the tips. Guess, I will have to deal with the stripes til it wears off, and then use a different product.

Respected Contributor

If you want a drugstore brand, I agree on the Jergens moisturizer with self-tanner.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

LOVE San Tropez! I'm the lightest olive green you'll ever see with green eyes and ashe blonde hair. Everything other than two light coats of the light Jergens turned me green. Bare Minerals just didn't do it. Horrible odor and looked like mud!

I found San Tropez and got the most beautiful believable color possible AND it doesn't smell to high***! I buy a box of disposable gloves and go in circular motion (the mitt wastes it). LOVE!