Regular Contributor

The before-and-after Wen pictures...

This may have been discussed before, but I've always wondered: When Chaz shows the pictures of the locks of hair pulled up to show how they've supposedly stopped breaking off since the women started using Wen (and no longer look like triangles), isn't that just the difference between razor- and/or point-cutting and hair that's cut normally?

I have very healthy, virgin hair, and the pieces of hair that my stylist cuts with a razor for layers look like the "Before" shots. The bottom layer of my hair that's just cut bluntly looks like the "After" ones. And I don't have any split ends in the layered pieces, so I don't think it's just that they're damaged from the cutting technique and the rest isn't.

Has anyone discussed this before? I've just always wondered about the efficacy of that claim.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The before-and-after Wen pictures...

On another note, what bothers me about the before photos where they have used regular shampoo and probably no conditioner, they haven't been styled, but the WEN girls have been. Not a fair comparison. And I am using Wen Tea Tree, every 3rd day then a good cleaning of my hair & scalp with my regular shampoo/conditioner.

Super Contributor

I've always thought they were trying too hard in making the "before" shots look so frizzy, to sell the product.

Regular Contributor

The lighting is different in the photos also.

Regular Contributor

On 3/24/2015 shaggygirl said:

On another note, what bothers me about the before photos where they have used regular shampoo and probably no conditioner, they haven't been styled, but the WEN girls have been. Not a fair comparison. And I am using Wen Tea Tree, every 3rd day then a good cleaning of my hair & scalp with my regular shampoo/conditioner.

Yes, that has always driven me crazy, too! Of course their hair is going to look way better with "professional styling" than it would air-dried. It's almost insulting to the intelligence.

And I actually like watching the Wen shows (not exactly sure why, LOL), so this isn't coming from some place of being against Wen and/or Chaz. I just think it's unfair how Chaz can sort of get away with these shady marketing techniques because he seems so sweet and not like your typical used car-salesman.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure the before and afters are exaggerated on both ends of the spectrum. But I will share my experience. My hair length is between my shoulders and bra, and I have layers starting below my chin. I style my hair the same way every single day. I cleanse, apply a styling product, then flip my head over to blow dry. No round brush used. On shampoo days (usually once every 7-10 days) my hair is drier, frizzier, and looks poker straight with no definition of layers. So it basically looks flat and all one length. On Wen days, my hair is soft, shiny, and you can clearly see my layers curled under at the ends as if I've used a round brush....but NO round brush. It looks much more styled and polished with no additional effort. Just my experience...I know everyone is different and I wish you the best with whatever you choose for yourself.
Regular Contributor

See, they should use people like you as the "afters" without styling! Because I don't think Wen would be as popular as it is if it really didn't work for some people. I just know - for me personally - when I see a "professionally styled" after picture, no matter how gorgeous the hair looks, I instantly get turned off the product and wonder what it would look like air-dried, and why they weren't confident enough in the product to show that. (And I have tried Wen before - didn't notice much of a difference in my hair, but it might be - because I said above - I already have quite healthy, un-chemically-processed hair. So for me, it's just not worth the money).

Honored Contributor

Before and afters of any product, shampoo or makeup or skincare, never really impress me much. I go by my own experience with products.

Regular Contributor

I have tried WEN and didn't get the results I would like. My two (mature) daughters have long hair and both use and like WEN. My hair, on the other hand, is very fine, short and thinning. I found it was leaving my hair too limp and what I was seeking was body. I never see anyone with short hair as models. Do any of you use WEN and find short, thinning and limp hair is better with some combo of products?

Respected Contributor

Hello, HomeShoppingLover87. Smile

When it comes to shampoos, conditioners and cleansing conditioners, the models' hair will always look nice because it's been professionally styled. I think the vendors may be showing that their products will give your hair the health it needs so it can look like that. I use Nick Chavez products, but hair never looks as nice as the models because a professional didn't style it. But I still like how my hair performs with his products.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder