Honored Contributor

Have you ever used Borghese....

...if so, I would appreciate your opinions. Thank you in advance.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Have you ever used Borghese....

I have used it years ago...I got their powder lipstick, and the foundation along with a few other items. I have wanted to try their fango mud product but never did. I did like the products although they were scented. I also got a blue gel cream that was very pricey for the time...65.00. I was so excited I sat down to view the box, when I realized they gave me a tester! I went right back to return it and the girl gave me an attitude and didn't want to return it! The jar was half used with the word tester on it! I had just purchased it 5 minutes ago and she sold it to me! Anyhow that's my rant and experience with Borgehese.
Honored Contributor

I appreciate your review. I don't want to plunge without having some valid opinions, which I consider yours valid. Thank you.

Valued Contributor

Costco used to carry it and I liked the moisturizers very much---especially the ones for the eye.

Now I only use Fango Active mud and love it---just bought the Delicato mud but haven't tried it yet. Got them on ebay.

KK

Honored Contributor

I've only used the Fango Active Mud Mask, but I really liked it. Mine was in a tube and it lasted a very long time when I used it as a spot treatment mask.

Trusted Contributor

I got a Fango mud mask trio as a TTV on Evine a few months ago...I gave the Brilliante mud mask as a gift, I LOVE the Delicato and the regular Fango is good too...I like to mask a couple times a week and it helps me keep my pores clean and tight (at least that is how it feels LOL ) I got another clearance kit with some cleansers and a cream that I gifted to a friend who raves about it and she always thanks me profusely when I see her for getting her started on a skincare regimen...I use a mixture of Skinn/Isomers/Borghese/Perlier for face and body as well as bath treats,lotions and potions...I think you should look for a kit next time they are on Evine (those are always great prices!) and try them out! HTH's

Esteemed Contributor

Borghese has been around in some form or another for many years. It started out as a high end department store brand in the States, then it disappeared and re-emerged under a few different ownerships (both in department stores and CVS). Presently, many of us have seen the brand being sold on Evine. It's also back in some of the high end department stores (I've seen it at Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom). You can also find the brand at spas and beauty boutique stores. There are some Borghese products at Target, but they are not the same ones being sold in those stores and on Evine. The packaging and prices are different. I know that wasn't the original question, but I tossed it in as an FYI.

Over the years I have primarily purchased their skin and body care. I've used very little of the makeup at any point in time. I had a mascara recently in a set from Evine. I wouldn't give up Lancome's Definicils for it, but it was pretty good. I liked that it didn't give me fake-looking fringed lashes. The appearance was that of full natural lashes. Moving on to the products I like a lot let's start with Advanced Spa Treatment for Eyes. I discovered this product back in the late 90s and for a while I wouldn't use anything else around my eyes. I got away from it when Borghese became hard to find for a while. I started buying it again about 5 years ago when I saw it at a local skincare boutique. The the brand came to Evine, and I found myself buying any set in which it was included. Fango is another favorite. The original green can be very messy, but it's good stuff. That said I do find the Delicate is better for my 60+ body. I've used the Delicate and Brightening also on my face. Satisfactory results from both, but I still prefer Astara for masking my face. During the winter months I primarily cleansed my face with the cleansing cream (Saponetta) and exfoliating cleanser (Esfoliante). Both were surprisingly nice and another value for me thanks to Evine pricing.

If I'm honest I would have to say that nothing I've used lately has been terrible-- even if I can name like products from other brands I prefer. The prices for this brand are steep. For example: the Saponetta is $33 for a 6 oz tube. I highly suggest trying a set from Evine if you shop that network. The sets are usually comprised of a nice mix of products, and the prices definitely are better than you'll find anywhere else.

Trusted Contributor

For the OP they have a clearance kit at Evine:

Borghese Six-Piece Skincare Survival Kit w/ Hat Box - 309-527

SET INCLUDES: Crema Saponetta - 2.5 oz
Esfoliante Delicato - 2.5 oz
Fango Active Mud - 2.5 oz
Cura di Vita Protetivo - 1 oz
Curaforte - 1 oz
Effetto Immediato Tonic - 8.4 oz
Oval Hat Box - 37" Circumference, 4"H

it is 33.71 with 6.99 shipping ({#emotions_dlg.angry})

Respected Contributor

For those of you that like Borghese's Hand Cream, they put some more in their clearance section. Smile

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Krissy_1968 said:

For the OP they have a clearance kit at Evine:

Borghese Six-Piece Skincare Survival Kit w/ Hat Box - 309-527

SET INCLUDES: Crema Saponetta - 2.5 oz
Esfoliante Delicato - 2.5 oz
Fango Active Mud - 2.5 oz
Cura di Vita Protetivo - 1 oz
Curaforte - 1 oz
Effetto Immediato Tonic - 8.4 oz
Oval Hat Box - 37" Circumference, 4"H

it is 33.71 with 6.99 shipping ({#emotions_dlg.angry})

Friday is beauty day, bet the shipping will be reduced on beauty

I love a lot of Borghese stuff.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines