Super Contributor

Are BB/CC creams good for combination skin?

My skin is freaking out right now, I'm not sure why. It doesn't feel dry but has dry patches that all my foundations cling to, but has also decided to be a little oily. Since none of my foundations are working, would a cream be better? If so, are there any that you can recommend? Thanks
Honored Contributor

Re: Are BB/CC creams good for combination skin?

Like anything else, it depends. If I have oily spots and dry spots, sometimes a primer on the oily spots works better than just relying on whatever I'm using as/in place of a foundation.

My favorites were the Lumene BB Cream, the Ponds BB Cream, and the Supergoop CC Cream. The Supergoop CC is especially great for oily skin - it didn't melt off in the Texas heat or humidity and didn't make me super shiny. The Lumene and Ponds were better during months without as much heat or humidity. I had to give up the Supergoop because the Zinx Oxide irritated my skin, but I loved it and was sad that I had to stop using it.

Honored Contributor

First of all, you need to exfoliate regularly. You might need a different cleansing system, too, to correct your oil production. As for a BB/CC cream, that might work for you, but will likely take some experimentation on your part. I've tried many. My favorites are Missha M Signature and Missha Perfect Cover. You can find them on Amazon. Even with a BB/CC cream you still might need a finishing powder or better yet, try Skinn's Plasma Flawless Finish Powderless Touch-up Perfecter.

Honored Contributor

I didn't think I'd find anything I'd like better than Lumene's BB cream, but then I broke down and bought their CC cream. I actually prefer the CC cream. I just can't see myself going back to a foundation. I'm 55 and I'd describe my skin as combination. Dry parts, slick parts. CC cream has simplified my life.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

you could try Physicians formula organic wear. I've been loving Dr Jart.