Respected Contributor

Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer?

Has any one tried this? The one with the the dab on applicator. How do you like it and how do the colors run?

Many thanks for your replies.

Contributor

Re: Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer?

I purchased it last month. It's okay for a concealer, but not for under your eyes if you have the slightest amount of wrinkles under your eyes. The make-up is very heavy, and it highlighted all of my under eye wrinkles. I have another problem with it, but this has nothing to do with the product--the color matched in the light of Macy's, but when I applied it at home in full sunlight, the color was too light. Back to Bare Minerals for me.
Valued Contributor

Thanks for this review. I've been intrigued by this concealer product.

Super Contributor

There's a bit of a learning curve. First time, I used too much. It's a medium to full coverage and has an almost dewy finish. It's a beautiful finish for mature skin but if you like a natural look, this is not a good choice. I never use foundation under my eyes so I can't speak to that. I have oily skin and this is not the best choice for me but sure does look pretty!

Beauty Blender or brush are best. With my fingers, no matter how little I used, it still looked like too much.

It needs to be set, too, regardless of your skin type.

Hard for me to comment on wear time because of my oily skin. When I used the new MUFE mattifying primer and set it with Neutrogena Oil Control mattifying pressed powder, it wore 6 hours except in my nose area.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Super Contributor

I am interested in this too but looking at the color swatches online, I can see I need to go to the counter so they can help me.

I am discouraged by the comment that it's heavy. I may not like it then. I am interested too in knowing what others think that have tried it, thank you for starting the thread OP.

Trusted Contributor

I looked at it in the store but I won't buy foundation without SPF.

Valued Contributor

I got a sample at Macy's and I'm glad I did. The colors run very dark. I had to get the lightest shade, alabaster. I never get the lightest shade in any other foundations, but this was the only option for me. It does have a nice finish when first applied, but I have oily skin and it seemed to separate after a few hours. I think it would work well for those with normal to dry skin. Back to my Tarte powder foundation that I love.

Frequent Contributor

I've gotten some sample shades and really like it. I like a medium coverage and this does the job. I'll probably purchase when I'm ready for more liquid foundation.
Respected Contributor

Thank you ladies for your replies. Macys has a good bonus that is just starting so I think I will give it a try. They have a dual ended lipstick/lipgloss in it that I would like.
Regular Contributor

I got it in the Alabaster shade - could go lighter though. I'm combo oily and the finish is beautiful. Less is more Smiley Wink with this foundation. I like a medium coverage and this is nice. Got the GWP at Macy's.