Contributor

Does such a product exist? I mean one without so many chemicals. And, with 'natural' additives, sort of like Wen's products? Please give me any names?

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 'healthy' hair spray....

What do you want this hairspray to do? Protect your hair, nourish your hair, or hold your hair?

If it's holding, then I don't know of anything, but others may.

I gave up holding spray a couple years ago, and I am so much happier without it. My hair is just above shoulders/long layers, and if the wind blows, I just fix it with my fingers. My hair is so much healthier without holding spray.

Regular Contributor

I really loved Oribe's Dry Texturizing Spray. Supposedly it contains all these good-for-hair ingredients. Well after a couple months of using it, half my hair broke off. I had to cut about 8 inches off to get it back to a somewhat healthy state. It ruined my hair. So now I am very wary of any hairspray, even those that claim they are improving the health of your hair.

Contributor

Harpa, I am talking about good, old-fashioned holding spray.

Trusted Contributor

Good question...I've wondered about this myself. I know many women who swear by the old standby L'Oreal Elnett, which supposedly has great holding power and claim it easy on the hair, but I cannot attest to that from personal use.

When I need hairspray, I use One n Only Argan Oil hairspray I purchase at Sally Beauty. I think it produces a good hold and is not hard on my color-treated hair at all.

Honored Contributor

I love Marc Anthony with Argan Oil, it goes on as a dry spray.

Super Contributor

Are you looking for something like Aveda? Their control force hair spray is firm hold. When I was checking lists for favorite hair sprays, this one was on them. Some don't like the scent, but say it dissipates quickly.

Their brilliant hair spray is a medium hold, and per the reviews, smells good.

Esteemed Contributor

No hairspray is ""healthy"" -- for your hair or your lungs.

I don't use it and never will.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I've had the best results from Nick Chavez Thirst Quencher.

Respected Contributor

I've been using Giovanni Organic Hairspray. I have sensitivity to fragrance, and lungs that get asthma attacks if I use the wrong thing. This hair spray doesn't make too much fog, so my lungs can avoid breathing it, and it really holds and leaves my hair shiny.

It's also not tested on animals. I have fine hair, and if I use the wrong product, it breaks, so I've been very pleased with this.