Super Contributor

do you take the weekend off? from you skincare regime?

Do you think that is a valid suggestion Re: Skinn's new Take the weekend off set? I do- actually I have been doing that with just a very simple cream with no peptides or super actives etc. because my skin gets dried out somewhat from too many miracle creams and wants just moisture. so that routine has been working for me.

I also heard Linda Marshall (Elysee) say on one of her shows that if something does not seem to work for you, take a few days off and then restart. I can't remember what specific products she was talking about but she also has a night treatment to clear off the dead cells that you use once a week- but just at night Face Appeal-skin resurfacing complex.

agree? disagree?

Honored Contributor

Re: do you take the weekend off? from you skincare regime?

Your OP is kind of confusing, as it seems you are mixing two different issues. But regarding do I take little breaks from my skincare routine, then no. If something doesn't seem to work for me, I move on to something else and don't keep trying to make something work. But I give it a good trial run first before I move on (like at least a month unless it causes irritation and then I'd move on faster).

However, you also mention simplifying your skincare routine and how well that is working for you and I do believe that good , effective skincare does not need to be complicated and lengthy (I do believe you need some actives, at least for ant-aging benefits).

Valued Contributor

Sometimes I take the weekends off and use only the basics. I also run around with no make up on if I am not working and not going anywhere. I don't know if my skin likes it but I do!

Super Contributor

issue : take a night off from your regular routine using a special cream such as Elysee ""face appeal"" or Skinn's new ""take the weekend off"" product.

issue: take a night off or a weekend off from your regular routine to reboot or new your skin.

some people take the night off with the Skinn Midnight Recovery and other companies are putting out ""sleeping masks""

hth

Honored Contributor

I do, sort of, but not systematically either. I'll take a night or day off here and there when I'm just too exhausted at night or I'll be home with a busy morning, but never two in a row.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/23/2015 dnna said:

Do you think that is a valid suggestion Re: Skinn's new Take the weekend off set? I do- actually I have been doing that with just a very simple cream with no peptides or super actives etc. because my skin gets dried out somewhat from too many miracle creams and wants just moisture. so that routine has been working for me.

I also heard Linda Marshall (Elysee) say on one of her shows that if something does not seem to work for you, take a few days off and then restart. I can't remember what specific products she was talking about but she also has a night treatment to clear off the dead cells that you use once a week- but just at night Face Appeal-skin resurfacing complex.

agree? disagree?

I need to think about this. I kind of like what Linda Marshall said, especially to restart, if you need to.

I get the impression that we are using way too many things on our skin that isn't really necessary, yet we need more than what Josie Maran suggests. Age & skin type specific, of course.

Honored Contributor

No. And frankly, I heard his claims about his weekend product, and I am very skeptical.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

No, I don't. My routine is very simple, doesn't irritate my skin, and actually makes me feel good.

I'm talking skincare, not makeup. Lots of days since I'm alone here, I do skincare and no makeup until or if I'm leaving the house.

Honored Contributor

No way!! I finally found the perfect products that are working so well for my skin and to even skip a day is quite noticeable in how my skin looks. I wouldn't chance undoing all the great results I have been having with what I use.

Super Contributor

Nope! I don't need to use any special products ... just use soap and water, and a bit of moisturizer.