Super Contributor

Need help with eyebrows! Please.!!!

Hi beauties. Please help. I tried TARTE , IT cosmetics YBF brow pencils. Nothing helps. Can anyone recommend a decent price/ drugstore brand brow pencil or brow product that works. I have dark brown hair. Thanks.

Super Contributor

Re: Need help with eyebrows! Please.!!!

I personally love Revlon Brow Fantasy. Pencil on 1 end, dark gel on the other.

Contributor

Not drugstore price point, but a leader in brows is Anastatsia.

Dermstore: Beauty Express For Brows and Eyes - Brunette - kit

ULTA: Anastasia Beverly Hills Bold Brow Kit or

Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express Kit for Brows and Eyes, Brunette

Esteemed Contributor

Can the OP post what her issues are? Sparse, going gray, unruly and needs taming? That might help.

Another vote for Anastasia. I use Brow Wiz and have been very, very happy. I did try her tinted gel, went on a little too goopy for me. My brows are sparse so not much to cling on to.

That said it did give me an idea of what they would look like with a professional tint and I'm leaning toward a salon tint.

Super Contributor

Not sure what your brow issue is. Most pencils look fake on my brows, even if I match the shade. I finally started to dye them as Snowpuppy recommended, and am very happy. It's a very natural look, and I only need to fill in the very sparse areas with a smidge of pencil.

Respected Contributor

Maybelline twist up brow pencil (green with brown top). About $6 to $7. Love it. Lots of colors. Maybe go one shade lighter than you think you need. You can make it darker by pressing harder.
Respected Contributor

I can give you two suggestions:

1. Drugstore: Milani Brow compact. Get the taupe even if you have dark brown brows (I do) --if your skin is pale, dark brown powder can be too harsh. If you are deep skin toned, you can use dark brown but if you are pale, it's better to use taupe.

2. I prefer my own brow powder, even though I have those IT pencils. It's less harsh on my skin. I prefer MAC in "Wedge"--a matte taupe, but any MATTE TAUPE eyeshadow will work. No shimmer. Use a stiff angled brush like an Ardell Eyebrow Brush to apply it and brush up the brows with a spoolie. Cost more than any eyeshadow (from $4 to $22 or so, depending on what you choose. But it will last nearly forever.

If your brows are unruly, you can follow with a tiny touch of vaseline on the spool end of the brush.

This is the most inexpensive and effective method I know for brows.

Honored Contributor

I just use eyeshadow. It works better than pencil IMO and looks more natural. Plus I already have the right color in my collection.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I'm liking Cover Girl's new brow product (can't remember the name at the moment). It's a powder and comes in a tube with a thin sponge applicator. I still use a ybf pencil for areas where I need more precision, but then fill in with the Cover Girl and it looks softer and more natural than a pencil alone. It does run dark, though.

Super Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Snowpuppy said:

Can the OP post what her issues are? Sparse, going gray, unruly and needs taming? That might help.

Another vote for Anastasia. I use Brow Wiz and have been very, very happy. I did try her tinted gel, went on a little too goopy for me. My brows are sparse so not much to cling on to.

That said it did give me an idea of what they would look like with a professional tint and I'm leaning toward a salon tint.

I OVERTWEEZED when I was younger and hair did not grow back. I need something to make them look a little more fuller. Thanks.