Trusted Contributor

Anyone Try Matrix Biolage 's New Cleansing Conditioners?

There are four varieties: curly hair, fine hair, medium hair & coarse hair. I've tried a variety of cleansing conditioners and have yet to find a HG. If my hair loves it, my scalp doesn't. I have fine curly hair and am considering trying the formulation for curly hair. I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this new line and what you liked or didn't like about it.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Not applicable

Re: Anyone Try Matrix Biolage 's New Cleansing Conditioners?

I have been using the formula for curly hair and love it. My scalp is fine, it didn't dry it out, and my thick, dry curly hair is much more manageable and the frizz is gone!

Honored Contributor

I haven't but I remember using biolage pre-WEN and I just loved the scent of that stuff! I wonder of the CC smells like it.

ETA: Just looked at the ingredients and I am sure it doesn't smell like the biolage I used. Just and FYI, one of them contains menthol and another contains isopropyl alcohol, which is a drying alcohol. The one for curly hair and fine hair contains both. Just and FYI for those sensitive to menthol or who avoid using drying alcohols on their hair.

Respected Contributor

I have not tried it but I saw it at beauty brands and I like the smell. it is not overpowering like some wen. It was a coin toss between the matrix cc and redken diamond oil and I bought the redken.

I think only the fine hair formula has menthol but I smelled all of the formulas and you can not smell any menthol

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 kcladyz said:

I have not tried it but I saw it at beauty brands and I like the smell. it is not overpowering like some wen. It was a coin toss between the matrix cc and redken diamond oil and I bought the redken.

I think only the fine hair formula has menthol but I smelled all of the formulas and you can not smell any menthol

The one for fine hair and the one for curly hair contains menthol. Ingredients listed on ulta.com
Respected Contributor

On 3/20/2015 HappyDaze said:

The one for fine hair and the one for curly hair contains menthol. Ingredients listed on ulta.com

At least i can not smell the menthol when sniffing it which is good.

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 HappyDaze said:

At least i can not smell the menthol when sniffing it which is good.

I was just letting people know since some are sensitive to it on their scalp. So it was more a heads up just for irritation reasons not so much a scent thing. Although personally I don't like the menthol scent (or feeling).

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I just started on the pomegranate for curly hair! They have it at the beauty salon where I get my hair cut and the stylist tried it on me. I've tried many WEN formulas and really liked their pomegranate but stopped buying it because it's too expensive. I bought the Matrix Biolage 16.9 oz. for $26. at the salon but found it today at double the size for $6.69 more on amazon. I also bought the styling cream for curly hair today. It lathers easier than WEN and does not smell like menthol. I usually wash with a regular shampoo for the first wash and then use 4 pumps at top and 4 pumps for the back, for the second wash. I massage it well and leave it on for the rest of my shower, then rinse off. If I use just the cleanser then the second wash is the one that lathers better. I noticed my hair feels so soft and is looking good too. I have neck length, thick, curly hair. You should definitely try it. I know they have a couple of other formulas.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all your replies. I may pick this one up on my next trip to Ulta. I don't think menthol is a problem, at least for me. Many hair loss shampoos and treatments include menthol or mint in them. I think it could be the essential oils or the aloe vera. I've had similar reactions to other shampoo, conditioners and cleansing conditioner products. Sometimes it's hard to determine what the cause is because it starts about 3 weeks into using a product. My scalp gets **itcy, then irritated, then with WEN, painful. I loved the way my hair looked with WEN but my scalp sure didn't like it. Had the exact same reaction with Eufora products which is 50% aloe vera. So hard to say exactly what the cause is and it may be different for others as we all have different sensitivities. But I definitely plan on trying the new Matrix Biolage CC for curly hair and see how my hair and scalp like it. No matter what products I use, I've always finished with a cold water rinse to get all the residue out of my fine naturally curly hair. Otherwise, my hair is flat, takes the curl out and sometimes is just too greasy. Plus a cold water rinse helps add shine and close the hair cuticle. I know it's cold in the winter but I've been doing a cold water rinse since my late teens so for me it is essential. Thanks all!

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

I purchased the one for fine hair. low note is citrus but have an overtone of a woody/spicy perfume. I hate citrus smells but this one is quite nice. I read online this is a low-poo formula ( some are no-poo) I have not used it yet but i put some in my hand and added a little water and it seamed a tad frothy and it dissolved rather fast in water so it should be easy to rinse out. And my hands smell quite amazing. This is slightly cheaper than wen. a 33oz bottle is about 34$ and 16-17oz bottle is $26. i will probably try it tuesday or wednesday.