Respected Contributor

Redken - Diamond Oil High Shine Shampoo/Conditioner

I tried this and I must say this is the strangest hair product I ever used. First of all the conditioner is not a typical conditioner it is a "gel" yes a clear gel kinda same consistency as a hand sanitizer but a slight thicker. It absorbs fast into your hair and I believe there is little specks of 'something" in it. Whatever it is it does add shine. My hair was so shiny it almost glowed!! lol This set is moisturizing to the EXTREME it felt oily yet my hair looked in great condition and felt light and airy at the same time it felt over conditioned. My hair is long and baby fine.

Over all its a great product that adds a great deal of shine unlike any product I ever used and made my hair look repaired and healthy despite the fact my hair felt over conditioned. Also the high shine helped make my greys un-noticible.

Also it is nothing like the original Redken Diamond Oil. This is more conditioning and more shine and softness than the origional.

Honored Contributor

Re: Redken - Diamond Oil High Shine Shampoo/Conditioner

I used the when my keratin treatment is wearing down, it is ultra conditioning for your hair

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I know it is like hair conditioning on drugs lol

Super Contributor

it was just too heavy for my hair.

my hair is dry so I thought this shampoo and conditioner would work well but they were just too heavy for my long,fine hair.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to try it.
Respected Contributor

On 3/18/2015 rebel said:

it was just too heavy for my hair.

my hair is dry so I thought this shampoo and conditioner would work well but they were just too heavy for my long,fine hair.

I thought it felt heavy but I liked how i looked in the mirror.

Valued Contributor

It makes my hair feel like silk, I use about three times a week.

Respected Contributor

Interesting. Never heard of a conditioner that's clear and gel-like.

You sure do like shampoo and conditioner, kcladyz. But I also love my Nick Chavez hair products a lot, too. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

On 3/19/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

You sure do like shampoo and conditioner, kcladyz. But I also love my Nick Chavez hair products a lot, too. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I plan to eventually tryNicks stuff. QVC sold out of the one I was trying to buy.

Yes i know this conditioner is odd. Never used a gel conditioner. it reminds me of the gel body oil from avon lol

Respected Contributor

On 3/19/2015 kcladyz said:
On 3/19/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

I plan to eventually tryNicks stuff. QVC sold out of the one I was trying to buy.

Yes i know this conditioner is odd. Never used a gel conditioner. it reminds me of the gel body oil from avon lol

Perhaps that's why it's called Diamond Oil, because of the clear conditioner. But if it's working for your hair, that's a great thing. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I read from your posts that you've been having a little trouble finding that right shampoo and conditioner, and that your hair tends to get dry. My hair is prone to dryness as well.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder