Honored Contributor

Ipsy Beauty Bags - Just got a really nice one!

I have been receiving these little bags for several months now. The price --$10 -- you can't beat. But, I have been less than thrilled with them, as there have been very few products in them that I can or will actually use.

This month's one, to me, seems like the best one yet!

Here is what is in it:

Pur-lisse - 4-in-1 gentle soy milk cleanser and make-up remover

Dr. Brandt - Pores No More - Anti-aging mattifying lotion

Boo-Boo Cover-Up

NYX - Butter Lipstick

Vintage Illuminating Face Highlighter - Crystal Pink

Does anyone have any experience with any of these products?

I really think all of them will be things which I want to actually try -- for a change.

Thanks for any and all replies!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Ipsy Beauty Bags - Just got a really nice one!

I subscribe to Ipsy and birchbox which is also $10/month. I like getting these things as I can try them before buying them. Some of these things full size are pricey. I got the dr. Brandt, NYX lipstick, eye highlighter pencil, big se&y hair soy argon oil and the eyeshadow which is the color lucky penny and it's beautiful.
Respected Contributor

I got Vintage Illuminating Face Highlighter - Crystal Pink too. I used it as a eyeshadow and love it! I think I will actually use the entire thing. I get Ipsy, birchbox and Alllure box. and I have to admit, its too much stuff. I got a beauty blender in my birchbox last month, that was awesome!

Super Contributor

I've tried Ipsy & Birchbox and liked them for the most part, but decided I'd rather keep my $10 a month each than receive the samples that I rarely use. It is fun when you finally get a good box though! So many if the Ipsy boxes seem to have NYX products, not that they're bad, but I know that they don't cost a lot in the drugstore so that is sort of a turn off for me.

Super Contributor

The items and colors in the Ipsy box are not for me. I always got the bright and/or neon shades of cosmetics and things with glitter. Like a bright green glitter eyeliner, bright fuchsia/purple lip products, and bright shadow colors. They stopped sending me polish at all. It got to where there may be one thing in the bag that I could actually use, and was never anything I would purchase even with a discount.

I do love my Birchbox though! It's like putting $5-$6 (sometimes $4, which is rare) in your account every month and then buy something you need, or want to splurge on, after saving up a few bucks. I just hit $50 this month and got the hair mist I love so much and a nice set of nail polish that I've wanted since it came out. And I had a 20% off code, and got the free extra samples. I frequently receive full size products. Mostly mascara or lippies.

I would love to try the Allure box but the samples I already get are plenty for me at this time.

Honored Contributor

Tried to sign up for Ipsy quite a while back but since I won't cave to the social media requirements I've yet to receive any packages {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Meanwhile I tried Blush, from Dermstore, and it was pretty great! Lot's of full size products and while the yearly subscription is $25 a month the assortment was worth the purported $100!

BTW it's now called BeautyFix

I did a much more pricey one from Beautylish but it contained a Wayne Goss brush and Kevyn Aucoin eyeshadow...

Super Contributor

That's another thing, they're all about social media. In the beginning when they had extra products but not enough to give one to everyone, the ones who were on youtube and blogs were picked to receive them instead of giving everyone a turn at them.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Ipsy & didn't have to cave to any social media so don't know what that comments about. I have been a subscriber since last October. I get really great bags with no glitter or wild colors. You have to change your preferences to simple and natural. Some of the great items I got are:

Tarte mascara

Laura Mercier foundation primer

eyeliner pencil

liquid eyeliner

Cargo lip gloss

NYX lip butter

several brushes

a scrub, a masque, hair spray, hair oil, hair volumizer, hand cream.

highlighter stick

mojito lip balm

blush brush, eyeshadow brush

You can please everyone, but it's a steal at $10 inc shipping. I get to try new products and sizes to travel with. You get 5 products, 3 of them are always full size and a bag. The bags are nice. My GD stole my Forever 21 one as soon as it got here.

Contributor

I love getting my Ipsy bag. Each month I probably like only 3 products out of the 5 but for $10 that is a pretty good deal. I did have to invite some of my FB friends in order to get off of the "waitlist" but I didn't really mind sending out the invites because I value the service.

Whenever I do get something in the bag that I don't care for I pass it on, either to my DD or one of my nieces. There is always a good home for beauty products.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, everyone! Yes, I had almost made up my mind to stop getting the bags. But this one made me really happy, so I will continue for a while longer!

I share mine also. My sisters and my niece were happy with the things that I didn't want or use.

I like also that I get a fun treat every month and I'm not spending a lot of money!

I had decided that I would use the face highlighter for an eye shadow, too. It's a really pretty color!

Enjoy, everyone!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin