Frequent Contributor

I'm looking for a primer, or anything, to control my oily T-zone. By noon, I'm shiny and I can't stand it! I use BE foundation. I've tried Smashbox, it was okay, but didn't keep the shine under control all day. Mally's Poreless Face Defender did a good job, but didn't last: I had to keep reapplying it after a few hours. I don't like to layer powder throughout the day. Have you found anything that works well?

Super Contributor
I recently bought Drew Barrymore's Flower line In Your Prime Perfecting Primer and like it a lot. However, it's winter here, and my skin is not as oily.
Respected Contributor

I only wear BE foundation from time to time, but I wear BE primer everyday no matter what foundation I'm wearing and I love it! I have both the neutralizing and BB versions. They are both great!

Valued Contributor

I have yet to find anything comparable to Skinn Orchid Gel...

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor
You should try the Benefit Porefessional primer. You can get it at Ulta or Sephora. I really like it for my t zone.
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I'll do some shopping this weekend and hopefully find something.

Super Contributor

I too have an oily T zone (especially in the summer) and a few months back I tried thenew Smashbox Photo Op Pore Minimizing primer. It is wonderful! Glides on like a dream, mattifies beautifully makes my pores almost non existant,no more shiny nose, and lasts all day for me!

The realtest will be this summer, but this id definetley one to get a sample of

Good luck,

Janie

Frequent Contributor
Here is my latest routine that seems to be working (at the moment at least!): I have a script for Spironolactone--big help! In the mornings, I press/dab/smooth Philosophy's Total Mattness (comes in a jar with dropper). Then add moisturizer, the primer. Currently I am in love with LORAC POREfection Mattifying Primer.
Valued Contributor

I have tried a number of primers, and Tarte seems to work the best at keeping oily shine at bay. I still have to blot from time to time, but it works better than the multitude of others I have tried. It is not the brightening one, but the pore refining one.

Trusted Contributor

BE makes a primer, maybe it would work well with your BE foundation. I've tried it and it's a similar consistency to Smashbox but it seems a bit less greasy.