Valued Contributor

I know OT but I basically post here...

Please don't get mad for asking this here but I generally post here. What are you favorite jeans? I am looking for skinny jeans or straight leg that have the pockets up a bit higher on the butt. I do not care how much or how little they cost I just need a good fitting pair of jeans. Thanks so much in advance.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Trusted Contributor

Re: I know OT but I basically post here...

I love my Soho Skinny by DKNY - Not sure if this qualifies as pocket higher up but I love the fit of these jeans. Definitely my favorite pair of jeans!

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

Honestly you just need to go out and try on a bunch of jeans.

What fits one person perfectly doesn't look so great on others. Even if you stick with one brand, they will have different styles, lengths and will also fit totally differently.

There's nothing like a good pair of jeans....but it's hit or miss.

Honored Contributor

I think it really depends on your body shape.

I lost my behind and gained it in the waist. My favorite is Diane Gilman's jeans. I really like the new super stretch material. I bought a couple of pairs of her skinny jeans and they look really good. My sister-in-law even said the jeans looked good and she never tells anyone they look good.

I have several pairs of her other jeans and I like them as well. But I will say, that it might take 2 or 3 tried to get the right fit.

Valued Contributor

Thank you. I am going to try the Soho. I have tried the Diane Gilman only problem is they stretched in the butt after wearing ..not a good look. And yes I agree you have to try jeans yourself. Just thought I see what jeans were ""popular"" and go from there. Maybe jeans aren't being worn that much anymore?

No thought is worth thinking.....
Regular Contributor

On 3/5/2015 bunjetto said:

Thank you. I am going to try the Soho. I have tried the Diane Gilman only problem is they stretched in the butt after wearing ..not a good look. And yes I agree you have to try jeans yourself. Just thought I see what jeans were "popular" and go from there. Maybe jeans aren't being worn that much anymore?

Oh, say it ain't so! In my opinion, jeans will never go out of style! I want to try the special fit Levi's when I have some extra spending money.
Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Super Contributor

On 3/5/2015 bunjetto said:

Thank you. I am going to try the Soho. I have tried the Diane Gilman only problem is they stretched in the butt after wearing ..not a good look. And yes I agree you have to try jeans yourself. Just thought I see what jeans were "popular" and go from there. Maybe jeans aren't being worn that much anymore?

Gloria Vanderbilt jeans at Kohl's have the higher placed back pocket.

I don't think jeans are going anywhere, I see them on all ages. Of course, many do love their leggings/jeggings, too.

Valued Contributor

The best thing to do (if you have access) is to spend a day shopping, trying on jeans. Wear something that is easy to get on and off and try as many brands as possible.

Trusted Contributor

NYDJ. They are a bit pricey but you can often find the on sale online. You do need to size down with them. I have never had luck with DG2.
Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2015 MJDinHawaii said: NYDJ. They are a bit pricey but you can often find the on sale online. You do need to size down with them. I have never had luck with DG2.

They are worth every penny. I don't know whether they fit the OP's requirement for higher pockets, but they are the only jeans I buy. I also have their cords and crops.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland