Regular Contributor

My local Craigslist jobs board had a post titled "Television Host", with the following in the body:

"QVC Inc., the world's leading global shopping community and largest multimedia retailer, is in search of Full-Time Program Hosts to add to its already existing and growing on-air team. Position is located in West Chester, PA. All hires must be willing to relocate to suburban Philadelphia for the opportunity.

Candidates should have experience in hosting television, web broadcasts, news, radio or trade shows and live events. Host should be passionate about sales and must be comfortable conveying information in a live broadcast setting.

Host should be intelligent, enthusiastic, commanding and curious about products. Candidates should be quick on their feet with the ability to improv and engage. Hosts should be friendly, credible, entertaining, sincere and sophisticated with an elevated sense of style and fashion. Must be comfortable engaging in social media and building your fan community.

Interested candidates should email a letter of interest and recently updated resume along with a photo or headshot and any video links of your hosting work to Casting Director,
Sean De Simone.

Please make sure to properly label all submissions with a telephone number, email address and the city and state where you are currently located. "

In case you're curious, the compensation is listed as "$100,000 a year." Just thought it was interesting that they recruit all over the country (I'm in Spokane, WA), and what they're looking for.

Esteemed Contributor

Are you applying for the position, haleypie? You'll love Philadelphia weather!

Regular Contributor
On 3/5/2015 Harpa said:

Are you applying for the position, haleypie? You'll love Philadelphia weather!

Haha, that's a big fat NOPE! Spokane usually has a pretty harsh winter but this year was really mild. I don't mind winter weather at all, but have no intention of moving!

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/5/2015 haleypie said:
On 3/5/2015 Harpa said:

Are you applying for the position, haleypie? You'll <em>love</em> Philadelphia weather!

Haha, that's a big fat NOPE! Spokane usually has a pretty harsh winter but this year was really mild. I don't mind winter weather at all, but have no intention of moving!

I always wanted to visit Washington state! I wonder when I'll get there? I bet it is really lovely out there, rainy mists and all!

Esteemed Contributor

OMG, not in a million years would I throw myself into that lion's den!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/5/2015 gardensla said:

OMG, not in a million years would I throw myself into that lion's den!

Yeah, there's enough of us little lionesses out here!

Trusted Contributor

Hmmm, Interesting. I wonder if they posted the ad nationwide? I also wonder if my experience on Captain Cupcake's show for Easter some year when I was around 7 or 8 might count towards experience? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

Hmmm, interesting. I can think of a few vendors that would probably do a pretty good job. I am surprised they are not hiring within their company. Maybe they could do an American Idol type thing and we could all vote on who we like. That would be fun. I would never want job and all the pressure.

Frequent Contributor
On 3/5/2015 luvpoos said:

Hmmm, interesting. I can think of a few vendors that would probably do a pretty good job. I am surprised they are not hiring within their company. Maybe they could do an American Idol type thing and we could all vote on who we like. That would be fun. I would never want job and all the pressure.

They did exactly that several years ago. They narrowed down a group of five choices, then had them appear on air and let viewers vote. The winner was Dave James, who hosted for a number of years but has since left the Q. One of the other contestants was Antonella Nester, who was hired even though she didn't win the viewer vote.

Respected Contributor
On 3/5/2015 Gioiella said:
On 3/5/2015 luvpoos said:

They did exactly that several years ago. They narrowed down a group of five choices, then had them appear on air and let viewers vote. The winner was Dave James, who hosted for a number of years but has since left the Q. One of the other contestants was Antonella Nester, who was hired even though she didn't win the viewer vote.

Gee, I don't remember that. I do remember Dave James though. Guess we will just have to wait and see.