Valued Contributor

Christie, Join Our Forum & You Will Learn About Ingredients!!!!!

Just watched a half hour of Christie Brinkely's new skincare line and I can't listen anymore. She's said nothing but the usual "it will help diminish fine lines" and "it gives a firming feeling" and that's about it. Hasn't mentioned ingredients yet. But her special chemists assure her they are the best in the world, (whatever they are.) I can name at least 5 women who post here regularly who know more about the science of ingredients and how they interact and effect your skin. Missing Manuela & Dimitiri and really appreciate their detailed knowledge of skincare that they share. I forgot, she did say "exfoliating helps your skin with her cream's little round beads". Thanks. Never heard that before. She's a beautiful woman but so far seems to know very little about what's in her line and therefore neither do any of the viewers. Just another celebrity fronting a line from what I can tell.

Honored Contributor

Re: Christie, Join Our Forum & You Will Learn About Ingredients!!!!!

I tried to watch her as she is so lovely---to look at ----but found her presentation something to be desired. She needs an ""expert"" on with her to help out with the technical stuff. And I didn't think that what you got in this TS was much of a value. And nothing she said made me even curious about it. I predict she won't last long.

Respected Contributor

from what i read on here? i believe her line will be available at Kohls too. she sells it on her own website. what exactly is bio-copper? is copper still relevant after peptides and other actives? oh she uses alpine flowers in the creams.

Esteemed Contributor

Smiley Happy virgosun!

I flipped over to HSN to see what all the excitement was about! I'm not experts like you all who can spot "work" done, but that lady's face is as tight as a drum, and it ain't from her skin care.

There is really nothing revolutionary as far as ingredients is concerned, although I do not think they are ineffective, as far as topicals go.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't assume she doesn't have the knowledge just because she didn't mention the info on air.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I must say that I was really surprised at how badly she was at presentation. I also had to turn it off.

Honored Contributor

Very small sizes in the TS, more like a Discovery Kit.

Valued Contributor

I think specifically informing the people you are hoping will spend $70 is pretty important. I don't think I'm alone in wanting to know what ingredients are in a product and how they actually effect your skin. For me this is crucial to what I decide to buy or not buy. One of the reasons I like this forum is because there are many posters who I've learned a lot from. Their knowledge of ingredients, levels, what works together and what doesn't has really helped me in making my own choices. I expect at least that much from vendors who are presenting their own skincare lines. Unless you are a complete newcomer to skincare, I think the majority of women watching QVC/HSN/Evine already know that you need to exfoliate, moisturize and wear sunscreen as basics. Maybe I'm mistaken. I like details which is probably why I use Isomers and SKINN.

Respected Contributor

I was surprised at how small the sizes were for the price.

Honored Contributor

Some of the "active" ingredients were posted in another thread here. It's down in the comments.

I have a feeling she is having to be very careful about her words. If she actually said It gives a firming feeling, then that is exactly what it does. It does nothing to actually firm the skin, it just FEELS firmer. Helps to diminish wrinkles means there is no evidence that it actually does diminish them. Of course other skin care lines do the same thing. They say reduces the APPEARANCE of wrinkles, which means it doesn't actually get rid of wrinkles; it just makes them look better.