Super Contributor

Has anyone tried Paulas Resist ultra light super antioxidant serum?

If so what are your likes and dislikes of this serum.
Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Paulas Resist ultra light super antioxidant serum?

shiloh 81, I've tried it and love it. This is my favorite serum ever. It's very light weight and sinks in almost immediately when you apply it. I use the Moisture Boost moisturizer over it for extra moisture because my skin is dry.

Honored Contributor

I use it daily as a sort of primer. I do like it very much.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I have been using it for a few years. My skin is combo with a very oily T zone. I find it to be non-irritating and very light so it works well under make-up. I only wear it in the morning. At night, I alternate between her Resist serum in silver packaging and her 1% retinol. I also use her 2% BHA, Vitamin C and Skin Recovery moisturizer. The dry parts of my skin are very sensitive and this regimen works well for me. If you're not sure about any of her products, call customer service and they usually send out free samples. Their CS is second to none. Good luck!

Super Contributor

I've only tried samples of it. It's got a nice feel to it.

Super Contributor

Thanks I just ordered about 12 samples and 3 are the serum. Can't wait to try it.
Respected Contributor

I really wish she was not so incredibly fond of silicones. Six out of the first eight ingredients in this serum are silicones. My skin, though not normally sensitive, does not like silicones. Too bad because there are some other great ingredients.
Trusted Contributor

If you have issues with silicones better check the ingredients list as this product has them in it. Just an FYI as I am one whose skin cannot tolerate silicones.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 shiloh 81 said: Thanks I just ordered about 12 samples and 3 are the serum. Can't wait to try it.

I think you'll like it. As I said, I use it as a kind of makeup primer.

Yes, her products often contain silicones. I personally, with extremely sensitive skin, have never had a problem with this ingredient; in fact, I think they are gentle and beneficial for my skin. Keep in mind that that it is physically impossible for silicones to clog your pores or "suffocate" them, as is often stated.

While some may have an adverse reaction, I think that the most common complaint stems from the feel of silicones. Again, I personally love that smooth feel.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 BellaCarro said: I really wish she was not so incredibly fond of silicones. Six out of the first eight ingredients in this serum are silicones. My skin, though not normally sensitive, does not like silicones. Too bad because there are some other great ingredients.

BC, I'm seeing four of the first eight ingredients that I think are -cones, although one of them might be a hybrid of sorts. Am I counting wrong or missing another name for silicone?

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent).