Frequent Contributor

Dr Denese hydro shield-dream cream--Med. MD 33 TSV

I got this TSV and have been using it a couple weeks..gotta say I'm really not noticing any difference in my skin...as a matter of fact, it seems to be drying my skin...What results has anyone else had?
Super Contributor

Re: Dr Denese hydro shield-dream cream--Med. MD 33 TSV

I ordered that TSV, and one or both of the creams broke my face out. I knew it wasn't

the Hydroshield, because I have been using it. Oh, and the packaging of the creams in the ginormous-sized jars...hated them.

Esteemed Contributor

I have normal to slightly (could be `if I cleanse with foaming cleanser`) more delicate facial skin. I have always taken very good care of my skin on a daily basis, since 15. Never had any problem with any particular product.

About 3 years ago my skin became drier, than once, as described ' balanced', so I bought the hydroSHIELD and dream creme as a set. This was not any value special to be seen every 3 hours. Believe it was on one of those noon checks. I have mentioned *this* before when I used the hydroS * & dream creme. I had a horrible reaction to both. Just will not use anything in her line, but that is my personal experience. Simple skincare is always better for me. My skin rebels to so many added ingredients. Glad that THOSE OTHERS are effective for faithful followers, though!

The "D"creme offered no more moisturizing than what I was using before and the hydroS was an absolutely no go for me. The Dream Creme did dry my skin out! I kept both, using on my hands. If I had any type of tempermental skin, I have no idea what the ingredients-involoved- would have hasten to offer, as after effects. There was/were something in either one -or both- that caused this, so with a little research, I found that the siliCONE was the culprit. I stay with what is best -tried and true. I do not switch around with the fierce competition from scores of multi brands sold everywhere you read or watch. Hope if you bought, it is something special. For me, hydration is hydration. I just exclude the added "stuff" that my skin does not need.

Smile_Naes

Super Contributor

Got it....love it! I am seeing a difference/definitely. I absolutely love the way it feels and actually look forward to using it! Am glad I am on auto delivery. The only other Dr. Denese I had ever tried was her neck cream and I liked that as well. It's a keeper for me. beanie

Esteemed Contributor

I was concerned that I might have a reaction to the d cream because I have pretty sensitive skin but so far no issues. I have used hydroshield before so I knew I was Ok with that.

I agree about the terrible packaging of this product.

Honored Contributor

I've used all of these products before and like them. I ordered the TSV to 'stock up' and it should hold me for a while. Didn't go the AD route, though.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

It could be the retinol in the serum & dream cream. Coupled with the cold weather together this might be the reason your skin is dry. Just a thought.
Valued Contributor

I think Retinol can dry the skin out and make it flakey because its getting the dead skin off....I know it did on me and so does Retin A when you first start using.It will pass in time to reveal newer skin.I even read when you first start using Retin A you can get breakouts because its purging your skin but i dont know if this is true for Retinol.

Respected Contributor

I have used her products for years, so the MD 33 was the only thing new to me, and so far so good with that. I do wish that the products were just put into a squeeze tube, and be done with it. The jars are huge, and so much excess packaging is unnecessary IMO. I'm sure Dr. D wants her products to look nice, but that doesn't make what is inside any better. I'm sure the price could be knocked down a few bucks with simple squeeze tubes also.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

Got it -- love it! I use the Hydroshield and Dream Cream already but not the MD33 and I have to say I'm really liking the kit. My skin looks so much better.