Occasional Contributor

Cancellation? Are you kidding me?

I ordered a beauty item, read the reviews, and cancelled 25 minutes later, and they tell me item is already in process? Meanwhile it will take 2 weeks to get here? I am not stupid. I am welcome to send it back if I want to? Gee, thank you, I will not be ordering again. I am very upset. I can see if it was a couple of days, or even a day, but 25 minutes.....

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cancellation? Are you kidding me?

You might want to check back later to see if you can cancel. I ordered a bracelet two days ago, decided to cancel yesterday morning and wasn't able to, then tried again to cancel later in the afternoon and I was able to cancel it then. The system is wacky.

Honored Contributor

Try customer service. I tried to cancel something the day after I placed the order I got the "in process". So, I called cs and they cancelled it for me.

Trusted Contributor

I'm surprised. Q usually doesn't do it that fast. That's the kind of cr.ap that HSN does.

Valued Contributor

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Ordered a clothing item and about an hour later realized it was not a good choice. Meanwhile, something ordered on February 23 is still not tracking via UPS.

Respected Contributor

I cancelled an item and got a verification email. A day later it still showed in process and not cancelled. I called CS and they cancelled it also, and I got an email verifying that. A week later I received it in the mail anyway, and it was the wrong item.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Trusted Contributor

That's happened to me many times, but I've always been able to cancel after about an hour or two, either online or by calling customer service and using the AUTOMATED feature (not by speaking to a rep). I have found that when they are updating the website, you can't cancel anything, but it usually only last an hour or two. Now with HSN -- you better cancel really fast; once it hits the "packaging" stage, you're locked in. Smile

Trusted Contributor

Well don't shop at Sephora, it will drive you nuts! You can't modify an order at all once you've placed the order. If you email CS, they will let you know that an order can't be edited once placed. But of course you can send it back for a refund....which takes 5-6 weeks after they receive the returned item to process. I accidentally order two of the same thing late November. By the time that my order arrived, and I sent the order back, I got a refund from Sephora mid February.
Trusted Contributor

Try calling CS instead of trying it online. I have had more luck doing it that way.

HSN always allows until midnight of the day you order to cancel. They even state that somewhere in their policies. If you place an order at 7 AM you have until midnight of that day to cancel it but if you place one at 11 PM, you've only got one hour, again until midnight.

I like knowing that whenever I order on HSN, I've got until midnight to decide if I want to cancel. What I have also done at HSN is to call CS and request to cancel and of course if it's the next day or later, I can't but often the CS rep will compensate me for the return charges since I made the effort to try and cancel it. That's very appreciated as I know I can return without being charged - makes it easy to use their label then too instead of going to the PO and seeing if it's cheaper to pay for it myself. I don't have to in that situation since they are comping the return fees.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/4/2015 CAshopper2011 said: Well don't shop at Sephora, it will drive you nuts! You can't modify an order at all once you've placed the order. If you email CS, they will let you know that an order can't be edited once placed. But of course you can send it back for a refund....which takes 5-6 weeks after they receive the returned item to process. I accidentally order two of the same thing late November. By the time that my order arrived, and I sent the order back, I got a refund from Sephora mid February.

Sephora is THE worst with returns. I try to only order things I know I want.

Have not ordered anything from QVC in a while but remember being able to cancel a day or two later