Super Contributor
I can't remember what thread I read this in tonight, but someone posted about this soap. If you use this soap, what brand? And do you use for any particular reason/benefit? Also, could you describe the scent and scent strength? I have read a ton about sea salt for cooking/nutrition, so this soap intrigues me. ~smiles, SnowKita
Esteemed Contributor

I have used two or three brands but can't remember the labels. I think one might have been from the Whole Foods Store label. There really isn't any scent that I can detect. For me, the salt is soothing on my skin. It all washes down the drain but I am left clean and smooth.

Try some to know if you like it!

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I have used Adovia moisturizing mineral soap with dead sea salt & minerals. I have washed my face with it & used it in the shower. I have also used their dead sea mud bar. They sell other products & bath salts. It has a very light fragrance to it. I bought them on Groupon. You would probably get more benefits using the bath salts in a bath. Suppose to be good for aches & pains & some skin conditions like psoriasis & eczema. I only use Himalayan Salt when cooking. http://www.adoviaspa.com/

Respected Contributor
I posted about it on a thread re: cleaning my MU brushes. The one I purchased is Swedish Dream ($10 on Amazon). I haven't used it on my face. An employee at Sephora to,d me about it when I was talking about MU brush cleansers (even though technically she wasn't supposed to, but she said she preferred it to the Beauty Blender cleanser -- I agree). Smells great, too - clean!
Super Contributor
On 3/4/2015 FUTURE said: I posted about it on a thread re: cleaning my MU brushes. The one I purchased is Swedish Dream ($10 on Amazon). I haven't used it on my face. An employee at Sephora to,d me about it when I was talking about MU brush cleansers (even though technically she wasn't supposed to, but she said she preferred it to the Beauty Blender cleanser -- I agree). Smells great, too - clean!
--Yes!! It was your post that I saw. Interesting use for it. So, do you rub the brush on bar to clean them? If it is the texture that I am imagining it to be, I can see how the salt would work to clean the brush hairs. Thanks Love Roses and Nightowlz for sharing your info.
Esteemed Contributor

I buy mine from Mystic Waters at the farmers market where I volunteer. Their website is --> here <--.

I get the Dead Sea Mud Salt soap. It doesn't have a scent. I like it for the exfoliating benefits. I use it 2-3 times a week.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Zum soap is the one I love to use for hand soap and I have used it in the shower on occasion. It never dries my skin. You can buy at their website IndigoWild.com, Whole Foods, & Target. There may be other locations but you will have to check on their website for that. They do carry sea salt. I am fond of Geranium, Patchouli, lavender mint and others. It's made with goat's milk and essential oils.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor
On 3/5/2015 SnowKita said:
On 3/4/2015 FUTURE said: I posted about it on a thread re: cleaning my MU brushes. The one I purchased is Swedish Dream ($10 on Amazon). I haven't used it on my face. An employee at Sephora to,d me about it when I was talking about MU brush cleansers (even though technically she wasn't supposed to, but she said she preferred it to the Beauty Blender cleanser -- I agree). Smells great, too - clean!
--Yes!! It was your post that I saw. Interesting use for it. So, do you rub the brush on bar to clean them? If it is the texture that I am imagining it to be, I can see how the salt would work to clean the brush hairs. Thanks Love Roses and Nightowlz for sharing your info.
Sorry, just saw this! Yes, I wet both and rub it on the soap to work up a lather and then rinse really well. The soap has the salt in it, so it has a little texture. Rinses very clean and smells fresh!