Contributor

I know...another question comparing Dr. Denese and Dr Perricone. Be nice to me please. lol

OMG...I am so confused. I've ordered both of these just because I got the TSV on both. But, I plan on sending one back. I'm 55, Caucasian with combination skin, menopausing, medium skin tone. I'm not on any skin care regimen except for retin-a. With that said...which do I choose? Has anyone used either and what results can I expect? I'm not trying to look like I've had plastic surgery, just trying to improve my skin. Thank you in advance for any information and advice.

Perricone-MD-Super-Size-Daily-Treatment-A266395

http://www.qvc.com/Perricone-MD-Super-Size-Daily-Treatment-Auto-Delivery.product.A266395.html?upsh=...

Dr.-Denese-Super-Size-Advanced-Anti-Aging-Trio-A265429

http://www.qvc.com/Dr.-Denese-Super-Size-Advanced-Anti-Aging-TrioAuto-Delivery.product.A265429.html...

Honored Contributor

Re: I know...another question comparing Dr. Denese and Dr Perricone. Be nice to me please. lol

...your ordered both, knowing that you were going to return one. Sorry, my mind just can't get past that.

Honored Contributor

Re: I know...another question comparing Dr. Denese and Dr Perricone. Be nice to me please. lol

For one thing, it's an uneven comparison. The Dr. Denese kit addresses the face and the Dr. Perricone kit addresses the neck. You need to figure out what you're trying to accomplish, research products, and then decide. In general, though, I tried Dr. Denese's Hydroshield, in the blue bottle, and found it to be thick and greasy. It seemed to lay on top of the skin rather than penetrate to give any real treatment.

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

For one thing, it's an uneven comparison. The Dr. Denese kit addresses the face and the Dr. Perricone kit addresses the neck. You need to figure out what you're trying to accomplish, research products, and then decide. In general, though, I tried Dr. Denese's Hydroshield, in the blue bottle, and found it to be thick and greasy. It seemed to lay on top of the skin rather than penetrate to give any real treatment.

I don't think that is correct. I watched a presentation and I thought the Perricone products were for face, eyes and neck - complete face kit, not just neck.
Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 3/3/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I don't think that is correct. I watched a presentation and I thought the Perricone products were for face, eyes and neck - complete face kit, not just neck.

Yes, yes, you're correct, my mistake. There was a moisturizer and eye product....I was only thinking of the Sub D and completely forgot about the other two products. Even so, I don't think the two kits are equal.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm you, minus the menopause, with a light/medium skin tone and I have used both. My choice is the Dr Denese, with an add on of her Firming Facial pads.

I found most of the Perricone products a bit too rich for my combo skin and some of them are rather stinky{#emotions_dlg.blink}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

The Dr. Denese products have retinol in them. You are already using Retin-a so adding the Dr. Denese products seems to be overkill to me and your skin may get irritated from the additional retinol.

I also have combo skin and have found that the Dr. Denese and Dr. Perricone creams to be too heavy and greasy for combo skin. These lines are really geared for people with dry skin. I also did not like the Dr. Denese Hydroshield serum, way too heavy for combo skin, no matter how little of it I used.

Personally, I would send them both back and look for an anti-aging multi-peptide serum instead. Wait to buy the anti-aging heavy creams until your skin becomes less oily.

Esteemed Contributor

I wanted to add that when you try the Dr Denese stuff, a little bit goes a long way, especially with the Hydroshield, it just takes a few drops. I use it all over my face and neck, including around my eyes and eye lids.

The pads, if you get them, are highly saturated, so squeeze them out a bit, so you don't feel sticky. Don't use around your eyes or on your neck.

Pads on clean skin, followed by Hydroshield, followed by the creams.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Contributor

On 3/3/2015 chrystaltree said:

...your ordered both, knowing that you were going to return one. Sorry, my mind just can't get past that.

I didn't order them at the same time...

Trusted Contributor

I used Perricone for about 5 yrs and my skin was looking good, but I was also using RetinaA on alternate days. Then I stopped using Ret A (I wish I hadn't). About 4 mos ago I switched to Denese, and I like her products better. I was tired of Perri's high prices and confused by all the different products. I'm also going to start back with RetA. I ordered from Tara's Skincare. Thanks for whoever posted about Tara's site. ETA: I also ordered her last TSV.