Respected Contributor

Drug store mascara rec please BUT not a wet goopy one

I hate spending so much on mascaras so would love to find a drug store mascara but so far no luck since the ones I tried were wet and goopy. When they are like this my sparse lashes(long enough bur I need volume) just get clumped together which I hate.

Benefit They're Real is very wet for me and looks very spidery and clumpy. Mally volumizing is decent but would rather find a decent drug store one if possible.

I don't like spidery lashes or fake looking ones but do like them to look a bit thicker than they are.

So, if anyone can suggest a decent mascara for volume that isn't wet and goopy I would appreciate it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Drug store mascara rec please BUT not a wet goopy one

L'oreal Voluminous

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

Lash Discovery by Maybelline...I've been using it for years... best ever!!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/3/2015 winamac1 said:

L'oreal Voluminous

I second that! One of the best mascaras I have used (Voluminous Butterfly)! I want to try the Intenza version next.

I happened upon a great deal at BJ's a couple of months back when I happened to be almost out of mascara: Almay One Coat Thickening Mascara--2 in a package for $8! Since you said you need volume, this could do the trick. Good stuff!

Gloria

Super Contributor

Another vote for Almay.

Michele

Respected Contributor

Try all of those, but please, if you get a chance try Jordana Best Lash Extreme. You can get it at Walgreens or Kmart. I think it's $2.99. It is awesome. If it was Chanel or Dior they wouldn't be able to keep it in stock!

Valued Contributor

If you don't want wet or goopy, stay away from Revlon. I went back to Maybelline. It's much better.

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 winamac1 said:

L'oreal Voluminous

^^^^^This! I've used it for years, occasionally I will try something else, but always go back to L'Oreal Voluminous.

"To each their own, in all things".
Contributor

I also love Loreal voluminous. It doesnt make my eyelashes feel stiff and crunchy.

Valued Contributor

Any L'Oreal Waterproof mascara. Also, the regular Voluminous. Maybelline Rocket Waterproof. I use waterproof every day.