Respected Contributor

Anyone here use and like Pureology?

I always wanted to try and can not wrap my head around $60 a bottle. Is it really worth it and can you see a difference?

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone here use and like Pureology?

The $60 liters will last you a while. You can always buy the 8oz bottles to try it. I use the volumizing line from time to time. It smells wonderful and does a nice job. If you color your hair, it is a very nice brand to try.
Super Contributor

I've used it for years and love it, but I'd recommending trying one of the small bottles. I think they are about $7.50 at Ulta - high for such a small bottle but allows you to try one or more varieties before investing in a large one.

Respected Contributor

I've tried it in the past, but it wasnt worth the money, IMO. I can get just as good of results with much less expensive products. I have friends that love it, so I think it's really just personal results and preference. You might try the small version, first.
Super Contributor

I used their shampoo for colored hair and it does have a good smell, and a cushiony-type lather, but is it worth $60? No, it isn't, IMO.
Respected Contributor

I use it, and currently use Strength Cure. It was recommended to me by my stylist when I said my hair felt dry and frizzy.

It really helped that issue. She also said to use the deep conditioner in place of regular conditioner until it felt better. It has worked.

I was using the more expensive Nanoworks, but find the less expensive Strength Cure works better for me now. For awhile, the Nanoworks was really good for me.

My stylist said as our hair becomes more gray, the texture changes and it can feel frizzy like that. Yuck!

I got a sample of Pantene and tried it over the weekend. My hair feels FRIED from it.

I had great, strong, hair. The more gray it gets, the worse it feels. So, if you think you've got hair you can use a 99 cent shampoo on now, it may not be like that later.

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 hyacinth003 said:

I use it, and currently use Strength Cure. It was recommended to me by my stylist when I said my hair felt dry and frizzy.

It really helped that issue. She also said to use the deep conditioner in place of regular conditioner until it felt better. It has worked.

I was using the more expensive Nanoworks, but find the less expensive Strength Cure works better for me now. For awhile, the Nanoworks was really good for me.

My stylist said as our hair becomes more gray, the texture changes and it can feel frizzy like that. Yuck!

I got a sample of Pantene and tried it over the weekend. My hair feels FRIED from it.

I had great, strong, hair. The more gray it gets, the worse it feels. So, if you think you've got hair you can use a 99 cent shampoo on now, it may not be like that later.

Hyacinth

My gray's are more coarse. When younger, I had coarse textured hair, then as I got older, it went to baby fine. I'm lucky to have a lot of hair. It's funny how aging works, for me anyway. I would much rather deal with coarse than fine hair.

Contributor

I have used this for 4 years now and love it. I think it is one of the best shampoos you can find. Like every thing else some like it and some people don't. I have colored hair and a lot of it so it works great for me. Hair is so important to many of us and I don't mind spending the money on it.

Valued Contributor

I've used Pureology with great success for many years. The Nanoworks Shampoo and Conditioner are heavenly and leave my hair shiny and manageable. The Volumizing formulas do a great job of making my hair thicker/fuller. The Clarifying Shampoo does a fabulous job of removing build-up (about once per week). My colorist is amazed at how well my color holds through to the ends and only applies color to my regrowth during salon visits. For me, it's definitely worth the additional cost to keep these products in rotation.

Respected Contributor

Sallys beauty supply used to sell a pureology dupe but no longer. I am trying to avoid coloring my hair so maybe I do not need pureology. But maybe i do for I do root touchups and the roods seem to fade and wash out the most.

What I would like to find is a salon quality shampoo that thickens the hair, smoothing, friz reducing, repairing and strengthening and sulfate free.